Maharashtra Government in meeting has given approval for introduction of MVAT Amnesty Scheme 2019. This Amnesty scheme is introduced with a propose of closing down the disputed MVAT Cases. This scheme aims to close pending cases on fast track mode and give concession to the dealers in Government dues. This scheme will have two periods. First one is from 01.04.2019 to 30.06.2019 and second will be from 01.07.2019 to 31.07.2019. Under this scheme Maharashtra VAT dealers need to approach to VAT department and ask for waiver as per this scheme.
Who can apply for MVAT Amnesty Scheme?
MVAT Amnesty scheme 2019 is only applicable to Dealers who are registered under VAT, and dealers who have pending cases with department. Where MVAT Department had served notice about taxes collection such dealers can approach to department. As per thescheme there will be two periods of disputes.
- Disputes , Dues etc. before 31 March 2010
- Disputes, Dues etc.Â between 01 April 2010 to 30 June 2017
Period Allowed Under MVAT Amnesty Scheme
Under this scheme there are two sets of period allowed for making relief under this scheme. First Period allowed is Disputes before 31 March 2010 and second is Disputes between 01 April 2010 to 30 June 2017.
|Sr.No.||Particulars||First Phase||Second Phase|
|(a )||Payment of requisite amount to be paid||1 April 19 to 30 June 19||1 July to 19 to 31 July 19|
|(b )||Duration for submission of application||1 April 19 to 30 June 19||1 July to 19 to 31 July 19|
Benefit Under MVAT Amnesty Scheme 2019
As per the Meeting statement under scheme benefit range of 1 percent to 50 percent in their penalty amount, it said.Â However official notification is waited about same.
List of Documents to Apply MVAT Amnesty Scheme
For making application under VAT & CST waiver following documents required.
- Make Application for Each Class of Arrears
- Address Application to Designated Authority
- To Settle arrears of returns dues, submit separate application for each return / revised return
- Attach Proof of Payment
- MVAT Return Copies
- Proof of Credit Take Under GST Trans
Relevant Act Covered MVAT Amnesty Scheme
- The Central Sales Tax Act 1956
- The Bombay Sales of Motor Sprit Taxation Act 1958
- The Bombay Sales Tax Act 1959
- The Maharashtra Purchase Tax on Sugarcane Act 1962
- The Â Maharashtra State Tax on professions , Trade , Callings and Employment Act 1975
- The Maharashtra Sales Tax on Transfer of Right to use any goods for any purpose Act 1985
- The Maharashtra Tax on Entry of Motor Vehicles into Local Areas Act 1987
- The Maharashtra Tax on Luxuries Act 1987
- The Maharashtra Tax On Entry of Goods into Local Areas Act 2002
- The Maharashtra Value Added Tax 2002
So donâ€™t wait and resolve disputes, otherwise it will be too late.