New Principal Chief Commissioner Pramod Kumar Agrawal has joined the office of Nagpur 1 Commissionerate, CGST Nagpur and invited representatives from Association members and Trade Members of Nagpur to discuss the issues related to GST on August 6 at CGST GST Bhawan, Civil Lines, Nagpur.
A delegation led by Shri Suresh Rathi, President – VIA, Gaurav Sarda, Secretary, Prafull Doshi, Past President, former Vice Presidents – Omprakash Bagdia and Prashant Mohota, Naresh Jakhotia, Treasurer – VIA, Shelendra Manawat, EC Member and Shri Sachin Jajodia, Convener – VIA Taxation and Corporate Law Forum raised several issues for clarifications.
Also present were C G Shegaonkar, President – MIA, Milind Kanade, Secretary – BMA, CA Suren Duragkar, Chairman – Nagpur Branch of WIRC of ICAI, CA. Akshay Gulhane, EC Member – ICAI, CA Sanjay M Agrawal, Sunil Jha, Lloyds Metal, Sunita Agarawal, Ultratech Cement Ltd. Reliance Cement Ltd. Ordnance Factory, Ambazari
Discussion on Important concerns relating to GST
- Disallowing Credit for construction services provided by Infrastructure developer – In Orissa High Court in the case of Safari retreats vs. Chief Commissioner of CGST, the honourable court ordered to allow the input credit to realty developer if the construction meant for the business of Leasing / renting the same against the GST liability which accrues on output service of leasing / renting. Need clarification if the same can be implemented for our Hinganghat Integrated Textile Park which is in the same line of business.
- GST Refund on Inputs when exported under zero duty – this process still entails a lot of manual filing and becomes lengthy & cumbersome. Hence automation is required for input refund procedure.
- Delay in a refund due to Zero Balance of IGST for EPCG refund – Most of the indigenous capital goods are purchased with IGST. But at the time of return filing due to the applicability of new section 49A the IGST credit gets utilised in full. As the IGST refund on EPCG can only be claimed against IGST, delay & hardship is faced by exporters.
- Balance of Education Cess in cenvat register as on 31-07-17– We had an opening balance of Education Cess in our Cenvat register which could not be claimed in trans-1. Now how to claim either credit/refund under Excise / GST.
- Disallowance of Refund of input service and capital goods during inverted duty refund calculations – Rule 89(c) does not include Input Services & Capital goods when allowing for refunds under Inverted duty structure. Hence for textiles, inspite of having 5% on many items, huge credit accumulation happens resulting in huge liquidity issues.
Get the latest Nagpur Business news and updates about the city’s economy, business, and market. For an exclusive & live updates from the Nagpur, stay connected with THE LIVE NAGPUR.