Maharashtra Government extends lockdown in the state till October 31 while allowing the phase-wise opening of certain activities in the state under ‘Mission Begin Again’.
According to the guidelines under unlock 5 Hotels / Food Courts / Restaurants and Bars will be allowed to operate with effect from 5 October, 2020 with capacity not exceeding 50% or as may be prescribed by the local authorities. SOP for the same will issued by Tourism Department.
Activities restricted during Unlock 5 across the state
- Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will continue to remain closed for students and regular class activity up to October 31. Online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and be encouraged.
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
- Metro Rail
- Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other large congregations
All essential shops which are allowed to remain open before this order shall continue to do so.
Following activities to be allowed
- Hotels / Food Courts / Restaurants and Bars will be allowed to operate with effect from 5 October, 2020 with capacity not exceeding 50% or as may be prescribed by the local authorities. SOPs for the same will issued by Tourism Department.
- There shall be free movement of oxygen carrying vehicles within and out of the State without any restrictions of timings. The competent authorities shall ensure the free movement of oxygen carrying vehicles and there shall be no restriction on oxygen manufacturers and suppliers.
- All trains originating and ending their journey within the State to be restarted with immediate effect subject to the protocols regarding Covid-19 laid down by the State and Central Government from time to time.
- The Railways to increase the frequency of the local trains in the MMR region to meet the increased demand subject to the protocols regarding Covid-19 laid down by the State and Central Government from time to time.
- Dabbawalas in the MMR region to be allowed in the local trains after procuring of the QR codes from the office of the Commissioner of Police, Mumbai.
- The local trains in Pune region to be resumed as per the protocols and procedure followed in MMR region. The Commissioner of Police, Pune will be the Nodal Officer to coordinate for the same.
- Any other allowed and permitted activity by any specific/ general order would continue to operate.
Easing of Restrictions and opening up of the activities which remain prohibited across the State will be done in phased manner along with Standard Operating Procedures / Guidelines.