NMC CommissionerÂ Radhakrishnan B has announced new Standard Operative Procedure (SOP)s with regard to the sudden spike in COVID cases in the city.
- School, Colleges, tutorials, and other training centers will remain closed till March 7, they can operate on-line
- No political, social, religious and cultural programmes and gathering in the city till March 7.
- Ban on marriage and other functions at marriage halls, lawns in the city from February 25 to March 7. Prior permission given for such programme by the administration stand canceled by the order.
- All weekly markets will remain closed till March 7.
- Except for medical services, newspapers, dairy, vegetables and fruits, petrol pumps and other necessary services within the city limit will remain close on Saturday and Sunday till further notice.
- Restaurants, hotels, eateries shops, and other establishments will remain open till 9 pm. But restaurants, hotels, eateries shops must operate to 50 per cent of their capacities. The orders will be applicable till further notice.
- Those violating the rules will be penalized under the Pandemic Act 1897 and Disaster Management Act 2005. Even a criminal action under Section 1860 of the IPC will be taken against them.
- All concerned officers and staff of NMC and Police are ordered by the NMC Commissioner to work vigilantly and take strict action against the violators.