In a latest development regarding full lockdown speculations, the state government has announced a weekend lockdown from 8pm on Friday to 7 am on Monday. Apart from the weekend lockdown, strict restrictions will be in force from Monday 8 pm onwards, Minority Affairs Minister and NCP leader Nawab Malik told reporters after the cabinet meeting
He said that night curfew will continue and prohibitory orders issued under section 144 will be in force during the day time during the week.
Apart from the weekend lockdown, strict restrictions will be in force from 8 pm tomorrow, under which shopping malls, bars, restaurants, small shops will be open only for take-aways and parcels. Government offices will be allowed to function only at 50 per cent of their capacity, he said.
Industries and production sector, vegetable markets will function with Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) and construction sites will operate if there is an accommodation facility for workers, he added. Theatres, drama theatres will be shut, while film and television shootings will continue if there is no crowding.
Parks and playgrounds will also be closed, he said. Religious places will have to follow the SOPS, Malik said, adding that that public transport system will remain functional.
Mumbai city guardian minister Aslam Shaikh told reporters that work from home will be encouraged for offices, except for insurance, mediclaim, electricity and civic offices. Essential services have been exempted from the existing night curfew, he said.
Transportation services will permit passengers to travel based on their sitting capacity. Rickshaws, taxis and personal vehicles will commute with 50 per cent sitting capacity, he added.
Highlights of the strict lockdown:
• Except for essential services, everything else will stay shut from 8 pm to 7 am.
• Theatres, drama theatres will be shut
• Parks and playgrounds will be closed
• Additional restrictions on public transport
• Rs 500 fine for not wearing masks
• WFH to be encouraged for private offices
• Govt offices will function at 50 per cent capacity
• No crowding during film shootings
• Vehicles to ply with only 50% sitting capacity
• Restrictions on bars and restaurants
• Religious places will have to follow strict