It’s a myth that about 3000 big brands of corporate houses, particularly in the FMCG sector, consumer durables and cosmetics etc. are catering to the needs of the people of the Country. In fact, there are more than 30 thousands of small & medium but regional level brands are the largest contributor in meeting the demand of the people of India. According to a recent survey of the CAIT Research & Trade Development Society,(CRTDS), a research arm of the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) about 3000 corporate brands cater to the needs of almost 20% of the population of India whereas more than 30 thousand small and medium brands are meeting the demand of the rest of the 80% people of the Country including products manufactured by small & tiny manufacturers & producers whose products are sold across the Country in loose quantity-said CAIT National President Shri B.C.Bhartia and Secretary General of the CAIT today at New Delhi.
Shri Bhartia and Shri Khandelwal said that corporate brands are in demand among higher and upper middle class level due to extensive media and outdoor publicity and brand endorsements by celebrities whereas the brands of small & tiny manufacturers are sold through one to one contact of customers and the shopkeepers as also through mouth publicity among medium, lower medium class and economically weaker section.
Shri Bhartia and Shri Khandelwal said that among those verticals of trade in which the survey was conducted include Food grain, Oil, Kirana items, personal cosmetics, inner wears, readymade garments, beauty and body care products, footwear, toys, educational games and health care .
Shri Bhartia & Shri Khandelwal said that it reflects a reality that small & tiny brands are ruling the consumer market even the predatory pricing and deep discounting by foreign e-commerce companies and efforts of certain FMCG companies to sideline the distributors network. If Government gives required support policies to non-corporate sector and tighten the e-commerce companies to obey the policy and the law both in letter and spirit, the retail trade of the Country is bound to blossom in pursuance of the vision of PM Shri Narendra Modi for Make in India and Atmnirbhar Bharat.