Raising serious question on decision of reopening of schools for Class 5 to 8th in Maharashtra, State National Teacher Parent Organization along with parents of various schools visited the office of Deputy Director of Secondary Education Nagpur requesting to re-evaluate their decision and postpone the reopening of schools.
January 15 State Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad said that Schools for Classes 5 to 8 will reopen after 10 months in the state from January 27. Schools and junior colleges for Classes 9 to 12 had reopened in parts of the state earlier this month based on the Covid-19 situation in respective areas.
The request for this subject has also been given to Chief Minister Secretariat, Zilla Parishad, Police Commissioner, NMC Commissioner.
In their letter, the association raised serious question on the decision
- If for the first time Corona Warriors, Health Department, Police Department, it has been decided to give Vaccine to elderly citizens, then why are the schools being reopened without giving Vaccine?
- Who will be responsible for the health of children?
- Will Parents have to give a consent letter to send their children to school?
- Why is the State government and education department forcing to start schools?
- If all colleges are closed then why are schools being started?
- What is the interest of the State Government and the Department of Education to start a school for children without Vaccine?
CA Kailash Chaudhary, Senior Representative of National Teacher Parent Organization, along with Advocate Trupti Deshpande, Advocate Dhananjay Chaudhary, Madan Kohale, Vishal Doifode, Ishwar Kolhe along with other parents were present.