In an adequate step to ensure smooth transport of oxygen cylinders across the country, Ministry of Home Affairs in its latest order says that no authority shall attach the oxygen-carrying vehicles passing through the district or areas for making supplies specific to any particular district(s) or areas.
MHA on Thursday passed a firm order of transport and availability of oxygen cylinders in states amid reports of shortage in the wake of novel coronavirus cases surging across the country.
â€œThe availability of adequate and uninterrupted supply of Medical Oxygen is an important pre-requisite for managing moderate and severe cases of COVID-19 and with the increasing cases, the medical oxygen supply will need to keep pace with the requirements of the States/ UTs,â€ the MHA said in a statement.
- No restriction shall be imposed on the movement of Medical Oxygen between the States and transport authorities shall be instructed to accordingly allow free inter-state movement of oxygen carrying vehicles;
- No restrictions shall be imposed on oxygen manufacturers and suppliers to limit the oxygen supplies only to the hospitals of the State/UT in which they are located;
- There shall be free movement of oxygen carrying vehicles into the cities, without any restriction of timings, while also enabling inter-city supply without any restriction; (iv) No authority shall attach the oxygen carrying vehicles passing through the district or areas for making supplies specific to any particular district(s) or area;
- Supply of oxygen for industrial purposes, except those exempted by the Government, is prohibited w.e.f. 22nd April, 2021 and till further orders;
- States/UTs shall strictly abide by the supply plan of medical oxygen prepared by EG II and as revised from time-to-time;
- The District Magistrates/ Deputy Commissioners and Senior Superintendents of Police/ Superintendents of Police/ Deputy Commissioners of Police will be personally liable for implementation of the above directions.