In an adequate step to ensure smooth transport of oxygen cylinders across the country, Ministry of Home Affairs in its latest order says that no authority shall attach the oxygen-carrying vehicles passing through the district or areas for making supplies specific to any particular district(s) or areas.
MHA on Thursday passed a firm order of transport and availability of oxygen cylinders in states amid reports of shortage in the wake of novel coronavirus cases surging across the country.
“The availability of adequate and uninterrupted supply of Medical Oxygen is an important pre-requisite for managing moderate and severe cases of COVID-19 and with the increasing cases, the medical oxygen supply will need to keep pace with the requirements of the States/ UTs,” the MHA said in a statement.
- No restriction shall be imposed on the movement of Medical Oxygen between the States and transport authorities shall be instructed to accordingly allow free inter-state movement of oxygen carrying vehicles;
- No restrictions shall be imposed on oxygen manufacturers and suppliers to limit the oxygen supplies only to the hospitals of the State/UT in which they are located;
- There shall be free movement of oxygen carrying vehicles into the cities, without any restriction of timings, while also enabling inter-city supply without any restriction; (iv) No authority shall attach the oxygen carrying vehicles passing through the district or areas for making supplies specific to any particular district(s) or area;
- Supply of oxygen for industrial purposes, except those exempted by the Government, is prohibited w.e.f. 22nd April, 2021 and till further orders;
- States/UTs shall strictly abide by the supply plan of medical oxygen prepared by EG II and as revised from time-to-time;
- The District Magistrates/ Deputy Commissioners and Senior Superintendents of Police/ Superintendents of Police/ Deputy Commissioners of Police will be personally liable for implementation of the above directions.