BYJU’S, the world’s leading edtech company and creator of India’s most loved school learning app offers a highly adaptive, engaging, and effective learning program by India’s leading GATE trainers. BYJU’S Exam Prep offers the highest quality pedagogy, content and in-depth discussions to help aspirants get through the coveted engineering examination which has been scheduled for February 5, 6, 12 & 13 2022.
“GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), is a perfect gateway for testing students’ knowledge and understanding of their under Graduate level subjects in Engineering and Science. Aspirants need to have a smart strategy, meticulous planning, and the right techniques to crack the prestigious exam. Last-minute tips, including Do’s and Don’ts, play a crucial role in honing candidates’ examination approach strategy which ultimately plays a deciding role in
attaining success with better results, says Sanjay Rathi, Ex-IES Officer and Senior Faculty BYJU’S Exam Prep, BYJU’S.
To ease the hardships of aspirants and make them stress-free during their preparation, here are some crucial do’s and don’ts for qualifying for GATE 2022.
● Have A Proper Exam Day Strategy: Aspirants must examine the question paper thoroughly. Start attempting the easier ones first followed by the difficult ones which can be saved for the next scan. Identified questions must be answered without making any mistakes. During the second scan, try to answer unanswered questions but avoid blind guesses.
● More practice, more marks – Mocks and previous question papers assist the best in overcoming weak topics. They can assist in gaining a better grasp of the questions that will be asked in the exam
● Quick revision: Candidates must always keep a formula list ready for a quick revision before the exam. Focus on revising main subjects as this will help in strengthening areas you’re good at
● Section-wise Preparation: Engineering and General Aptitude mathematics is the most important section in the GATE exam, contributing to 30% of total marks. Aspirants must focus on studying topics/sections that have maximum marks weightage
● Big No to New Topics: This is not the time to start a new subject or chapter, as this will just add stress and confusion. With only a few days until the GATE 2022 exam, students should focus on their strengths and revise them thoroughly so that they can score well in the topics already studied
● Don’t be nervous in the exam hall: Due to mental pressure and anxiety, one tends to make mistakes even in simple questions. The trick is to solve one-liner MCQs first followed by numerical problems. This gives aspirants a boost in confidence to approach questions
● Use of Virtual Calculator: To do tough calculations one needs a virtual calculator. Get used to working out on that, as it helps students to boost their speed on it
● Do not put your health at risk: As the number of COVID cases is increasing every day, staying safe and healthy is imperative. Maintain a healthy lifestyle, eat a fiber and protein-rich diet, drink enough water, and ensure that you get proper sleep. This will help you stay healthy, keeping you positive and focused for the exams.