After Wockhardt Hospital, another private hospital in city was found violating guidelines set by the government for the treatment charges of the Covid -19 patients. Seven Star Hospital Nandanwan, KDK College Road was found violating the guidelines and demanding extra charges from the patients.
The hospital received a notice from Nagpur Municipal Corporation on Friday for not following the guidelines of the said price which was set by the government.
A team had visited Seven Star Hospital Nandanwan, KDK College Road Nagpur on August 3 and 4 and after inspection & verification of record & information submitted by the hospital it was found that the hospital has not followed directions/guidelines.
• Violation in regards of accommodating 80% of total operational bed capacity regulated by the rates prescribed as per Annexures of the order dtd. 04.06.2020 issued by as this office.
• Non-display of the details of rates applicable on prominent place in the hospital
• Non refund of advance deposit payment against final bills of the patients.
• As per Annexure “C” of the said order dtd on July 4 maximum rates which can be charged to COVID-19 patients have been fixed. wherein some exclusion items are specified. However, it is observed that the total charges being levied to many patients consists of more than 58% of the cost towards exclusion items, which is in too excess as compared to the basic rates.
• Discrepancies in the rates of same type room charged in the bills of patients.
• On the final bill, the category a patient about government tariff/private tariff (80%/20%) has not mentioned
NMC has asked the authorities to provide an explanation regarding their action “You are therefore hereby called upon to explain in writing within 24 hours as to why action shall not be taken against you and your hospital for violation of said regulation as per the relevant section of Epidemic Diseases Act” reads the order.
Maharashtra State government had already set the price for all the private hospitals treating the COVID-19 positive patients. According to the set price, 80% of bed was said to be controlled and price by the government while 20% of the beds were reserved.