The City Forest Garden project of Union government’s Ministry of Environment and Forests will be taken up in 200 cities all over country. Twenty six cities in state have been included in this project. An online review meeting of forest ministers in all states of the country was held by Union environment minister Prakash Jawadekar on Monday.
Similarly school nursery scheme will be implemented in schools in Maharashtra in association with centre. Union minister of state for environment, forests and climate change Babul Supriyo and Goa’s chief minister also participated in this meeting. The City Forest Garden scheme will be taken up on forest land of 25 to 100 hectares in city and adjoining city. The Central government’s share will be 80 % while remaining 20% share will be of state government. One city will get maximum Rs.2 crore to one city for forest garden. The school nursery scheme will be taken up to create love for environment and trees among students.