To make travel experience a little convenient for passengers amid ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Railways has launched a new feature by Railofy that allows users to get real-time PNR Status as well as train journey information via Whatsapp.
With the help of this feature, Indian Railways passengers can get live train status, previous railway station, upcoming station, PNR status and more train journey related information via WhatsApp. According to an IE report, this feature eliminates a passenger’s need to dial the railway helpline number 139 for live train status or download other third-party apps on their smartphone.
According to Railofy, a typical IRCTC user or railway passenger checks his/her PNR Status around 10 to 20 times before the journey date. This new feature will allow the users or railway passengers to get regular updates of the PNR Status or live train running status on their WhatsApp number. Apart from these benefits, railway passengers while inside of the train will also be informed about the next upcoming railway station, it added.
Here is how one can check PNR status as well as real-time train journey information via WhatsApp:
- First of all, replace the WhatsApp app in your cellphone. Android customers can replace the app from Play Store and iPhone customers can replace the app from App retailer.
- Now save “+91-9881193322”, which is Railofy’s train enquiry quantity in your cell phone. By doing this, the contact shall be added to your WhatsApp contacts listing.
- Now go to WhatsApp and faucet on the brand new message button so as to open your contacts listing.
- You can select the Railofy contact after which kind in your 10 digit PNR quantity within the message window.
- Once you ship the PNR quantity to Railofy, it’s going to preserve you up to date in real-time in regards to the train status by way of WhatsApp.