Chief Justice and other Judges of the Administrative Committee, after taking into account the sharp surge in COVID-19 cases and the views of stakeholders, have put in place the following arrangements in respect to the functioning of all the Subordinate Courts in Maharashtra.
1. All Courts shall continue to function in two shifts with effect from 30.03.2021.
2. In each shift the Judicial working hours will be of 2½ hours (i.e. from 11.00 am to 1.30 pm and ‘from 2.00 pm to 4.30 pm) with 100% presence of the judicial officers in each shift and 50% presence of the staff in each shift.
3. In the first · shift, preferably, the cases which are fixed for evidence and in the second. shift, preferably, the cases which are fixed for Judgment, order or hearing of arguments may be taken up.
4. The Judicial Officers may not pass any adverse order owing to the absence of the advocates, parties, witnesses or accused persons.
5. Only those advocates, witnesses, accused persons and party-in-persons whose matters are listed on that day’s board or whose presence is required by the Court for any specific purpose like verification etc. will be permitted to have access in the Court building. No one should enter the Court halls unless their matter is called out and shall leave the Court premises as soon as hearing of their case / work is over:
6. All the safety I precautionary measures envisaged vide SOP dated 27.11.2020 shall apply mutatis mutandis. This Circular shall remain in force till further order.