In the wake of increasing number of coronavirus patients and non availability of beds for mild to moderate patients in the city, Covid Care Centres have been started at various places like hotels, lawns and schools in the city by Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC).
These centers are proving beneficial for the patients having no symptoms or mild covid infection to keep themselves under isolation also when it is not possible at their homes.
For such covid centers, Municipal commissioner Radhakrishnan B has issued orders and guidelines that is to be followed by every center and also fixed the rates.
Here are the guidelines issued by NMC:
- Centre should have oxygen and medical facilities
- Experienced doctors, nurses and para medical staff
- There should be arrangement for disposal of bio medical waste
- Facility of consultation of doctors round the clock is also required.
- The Covid Care Centres can charge maximum fee upto 4,000 per day and these includes regular checkup, oxygen charger, bed fee, food and other facilities.
Apart from these norms, rules like maintaining physical distancing; wearing of masks and use of sanitisers will have to be followed at the centre.
Information to the patients about facility required will have to be given to the patients.
More fees can be charged if there is consent of the patient.