BYJUâ€™S, the worldâ€™s leading edtech company and creator of Indiaâ€™s most loved school learning app offers a highly adaptive, engaging and effective learning program by Indiaâ€™s leading NEET trainers. BYJUâ€™S Classes NEET share in-depth discussions of Daily Practice Problems (DPPs) and Practice Sheets thrice in a week to help students get through this coveted entrance examination which has been scheduled this year for Aug 1, 2021.
â€œEvery year, aspirants dream of clearing NEET to enter the world of medicine. Poor preparation techniques and lack of conceptual clarity can lead to disappointing results. Considered as one of the most challenging exams, factors like planning, perseverance and hard work play a key role in the preparation journey. Aspirants therefore need to meticulously plan and learn the right techniques to solidify subject knowledge in achieving this feat with better results, says Apurva Mathur, Teacher and Principal Director – JEE & NEET, BYJUâ€™S.
Here are the 5 best tips to help aspirants utilize the next few months to the ace the NEET 2021, while learning from home.
- Understand the syllabus and marking scheme: An accurate understanding of the nature and scope of the syllabus is crucial for any NEET aspirant. Always refer to the latest official NEET syllabus, exam pattern and weightage to plan and divide time efficiently. With a clear understanding of the weightage, you can devise a plan, attempt the questions accordingly by allocating time flawlessly.
- Start your preparation early: The best time to start preparing for NEET is class X, giving two years to prepare for the entrance test. The syllabus of NEET is divided into yearly portions for Classes XI and XII and hence, a focused preparation for the Board exams also naturally results in a better performance in NEET 2021.
- Interlink similar concepts: A few chapters in physics, chemistry and even biology have similar topics. One must take advantage of this and correlate chapters. Use it to build on topics and club them to learn together.Â Â
- Manage time efficiently: A proper schedule, setting timelines, and streamlining the syllabus is a more systematic approach. Give more time to the subjects in which you need more practice. Follow this regime with discipline to achieve the ultimate goal.Â
- Keep practicing: In NEET, there are 180 questions to be solved in an equal number of minutes. Practising mock papers will give confidence, accuracy and speed in the exam. Refer to previous sample papers or online test preparation to help you revise the concepts every week for all the topics.Â
- Prepare Notes: One of the best-proven ways to study is by making notes. Knowledge tends to retain for a longer period in our minds when we write while studying. Always use mnemonics including flow charts and diagrams in the notes to help last-minute revisions.Â
- Always remember, health is wealth: As the number of COVID cases is increasing every day, staying safe and healthy is imperative. Maintain a healthy lifestyle, eat fibre and protein-rich diet, drink enough water, and ensure that you get proper sleep. This will help you stay healthy, keeping you positive and focused for the exams.Â Â