The IPL 2022 big auction enters the second day of that is still going on in Bangalore. Teams competed for the marquee players,’ the top ten players who had entered the auction with a base price of Rs 2 crore. As the auction progressed, all ten franchises spent significant sums to acquire uncapped players.
The following is a list of the most expensive players so far in the IPL 2022 super auction:
1. Ishan Kishan was bought by Mumbai Indians for a jaw-dropping Rs 15 crore 25 lakh. Kishan became the second most expensive Indian player in the history of IPL after Yuvraj Singh. 2. Many teams showed interest in fast bowler Deepak Chahar. Hewas bought by Chennai Super Kings for Rs 14 crore. The young speedsters’ long association with CSK continues and he has done brilliantly for the team so far in IPL.
3. Shreyas lyer has become the third most expensive player ever to be sold in the IPL auction. Iyer was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders for Rs 12.25 crore.
4. On the second day of the auction, Liam Livingstone of England also earned big money. He was acquired by Punjab Kings for a whopping bid of Rs 11.50 crore.
5. A unique record was made in the auction after Sri Lankan all-rounder Wanindu Hasaranga was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 10.75 crore. He became the most expensive Sri Lankan player in IPL history.
6. West Indies’ West Indies’ explosive batter Nicholas Pooran was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 10.75 crore in the auction. The inclusion of Pooran in SRH will strengthen their middle order.
7. Harshal Patel, the highest wicket-taker in last year’s IPL (Purple Cap winner), was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 10.75 crore. He was earlier also associated with the same team.
8. All-rounder Shardul Thakur was bought by Delhi Capitals for Rs 10.75 crore. He played for Chennai till last season. Thakur can do wonders with both the ball and the bat.
9. Prasidh Krishna has been acquired by Rajasthan Royals for Rs 10 crore. Last season, the speedster played for KKR. He had recently bowled brilliantly in the ODI series against West Indies.
10. New Zealand fast bowler Lockie Ferguson has been acquired by Gujarat Titans for Rs 10 crore. Ferguson is a good bowler and his record in the T20 format is very good.
11. Avesh Khan was bought by Lucknow Super Giants for Rs 10 crore on the very first day of the auction. Avesh has become the highest selling uncapped player in the history of IPL.
12. South African bowler Kagiso Rabada was bought by Punjab Kings for Rs 9.25 crore. Rabada is currently one of the best bowlers in the world.
13. Young all-rounder Shahrukh Khan has been bought by Punjab Kings team for Rs 9 crore.
14. Hard-hitting all-rounder Rahul Tewatia has been bought by Gujarat Titans for Rs 9 crore.
15. West Indies player Jason Holder has been bought by Lucknow Super Giants for Rs 8.75 crore.
16. Sunrisers Hyderabad bought Rahul Tripathi for Rs 8.50 crore. 17. India’s senior opener Shikhar Dhawan was bought by Punjab Kings for Rs 8 crore 25 lakh.
18. New Zealand’s fast bowler Trent Boult was bought by Rajasthan for Rs 8 crore. He was part of Mumbai Indians till last season.