Amid the rising loudspeakers row, and ahead of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackerayâ€™s scheduled rally on May 1, Section 144 of the CrPC has been imposed in the Aurangabad district till May 9.
The prohibitory orders have been enforced ahead of Raj Thackerayâ€™s rally on May 1.
- Gathering of 5 or more persons is strictly prohibited in any public place.
- A person cannot carry weapons, swords, sticks, guns.
- A person cannot carry any inflammable substance.
- No announcements can be made.
- Songs or sounds which can hamper public peace are prohibited.
- Demonstrations and sit-ins restricted.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray had said that he would be holding a rally on May 1 to protest against the use of loudspeakers for azaan at mosques.
In the wake of Raj Thackerayâ€™s demand that loudspeakers on mosques be removed by May 3 the Maharashtra Director General of Police had instructed all police units in the state to strictly enforce the law and Supreme Courtâ€™s guidelines on the use of loudspeakers.