Amid the rising loudspeakers row, and ahead of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray’s scheduled rally on May 1, Section 144 of the CrPC has been imposed in the Aurangabad district till May 9.
The prohibitory orders have been enforced ahead of Raj Thackeray’s rally on May 1.
- Gathering of 5 or more persons is strictly prohibited in any public place.
- A person cannot carry weapons, swords, sticks, guns.
- A person cannot carry any inflammable substance.
- No announcements can be made.
- Songs or sounds which can hamper public peace are prohibited.
- Demonstrations and sit-ins restricted.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray had said that he would be holding a rally on May 1 to protest against the use of loudspeakers for azaan at mosques.
In the wake of Raj Thackeray’s demand that loudspeakers on mosques be removed by May 3 the Maharashtra Director General of Police had instructed all police units in the state to strictly enforce the law and Supreme Court’s guidelines on the use of loudspeakers.