● HCL Technologies (HCL), a leading global IT company, announced that it will continue to expand its presence in Nagpur and plans to increase its headcount to 5000 people at its 140-acre campus in Nagpur. The company started its operations in the city in April 2018 and just four years built a strength of 3500+ people.
● HCL Nagpur Campus is a state-of-the-art facility that is platinum certified by both IGBC (Indian Green Building Council) and USGBC (United States Green building council), with the highest rating by both institutions. The company currently serves over 70 global customers across Digital Foundation, Digital Enterprise, Application Services and Management, Engineering, and Research lines of business (LoB) operating from Nagpur.
● The HCL Nagpur center is in sync with HCL’s philosophy to create and operate a state-of-the-art global IT development center; recruit, train and employ local talent and create sustainable ecosystems for them. HCL Nagpur focuses on Engineering and R&D services (ERS), Application Development, and Infrastructure Management Services line of business.
● HCL Nagpur has grown by creating opportunities for local talent through their #ComeBackHome and #StayRooted campaign, which resulted in >80 percent of the talent at the campus belonging to Nagpur. The company reports seeing a trend of experienced technology professionals moving from urban hubs such as Pune and Mumbai to their cities.
● HCL is committed to increasing gender diversity in its workforce and is proud to have about 30 percent of overall employees as women. The company is also promoting talent and potential by hiring and training freshers.
● Approximately 45 percent of the workforce at HCL Technologies are freshers and has absorbed 500+ ‘HCL Techbees’ who have joined the company after finishing Class 12. HCL Techbee students undergo rigorous training for 12 months before they start work on projects and also pursue higher education at prominent institutes simultaneously.
● HCL offers best-in-class skill-based training programs for entry-level job roles. Candidates interested to kick-start their IT career with HCL can apply for its training & hiring programs. HCL offers training programs for students who have completed Class XII, Science Graduates and Engineering Graduates as well as Postgraduates.
● Apart from creating and bringing back home talent with this campus, HCL Technologies has also taken initiatives across the globe to promote the culture and heritage of Nagpur through HCL concerts. Under its various flagship programs, through the HCL Foundation, the CSR (corporate social responsibility) arm of HCL Technologies, the company works with schools in Nagpur to set up science labs and has launched a bus to bring knowledge on wheels. Besides, it has also conducted a large-scale plantation at the Indian Institute of Information Technology campus and has donated a 150 metric tonnes oxygen plant to the city.
Quote: Mr. Apparao VV, CHRO, HCL Technologies
“HCL Technologies’ New Vistas provides talent in India with innovative opportunities and platforms that will empower them with the necessary skills needed to play crucial roles in the technology landscape. Nagpur is an important strategic center for HCL Technologies, and it continues to add significant growth to our delivery capabilities to 70+ global clients across different businesses.
At HCL Technologies, our core values of Courage and Care inspire us to Collaborate in the spirit of optimism toward a sustainable future. We are committed to building a diversified talent and have introduced various measures for the talent to make a comeback to their home cities such as Nagpur since the pandemic. We have seen significant momentum in the IT industry at Nagpur and aim to capitalize on building world-class capacity at our state-of-the-art campus spread across 140 acres.”