The expansion of the Chief Minister Eknath Shinde-led Maharashtra cabinet’s swearing in ceremony is underway in Mumbai. Around 15-18 ministers will take the oath at 11 am in the first phase, with each region having a minister each. The second phase of expansion will be held later.
Meanwhile, the Uddhav Thackeray faction has recommended Ambadas Danve for the post of LoP in the council. Uddhav Thackeray has written a letter in this regard to the Legislative council Chairman.
Some of the potential names of the Bharatiya Janata Party:
1) Chandrakant Patil (Party President in State and Second most powerful leader in BJP Maharashtra)
2) Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil (was senior Congress leader and LoP when he joined BJP during Fadnavis regime)
3) Sudhir Mungantiwar (Senior BJP leader from Vidarbha and former minister)
4) Girish Mahajan (Close confidante of Fadnavis. Was minister in Fadnavis regime)
5) Suresh Khade: (Represents SC caste (community) and helps BJP to balance out caste dynamics.)
6) Mangal Prabhat Lodha (Mumbai President. Key for BMC polls)
7) Atul Save (Unexpected name from prominent Mali caste. He is an MLA from Sambhajinagar where BJP wants to trounce AIMIM and UT’s Sena.
8) Ravindra Chavan: (played prominent role in the mission of government formation)
9) Vijay Gavit (Senior MLA from tribal belt of Nandurbar. Former Minister in Congress – NCP regime)
1) Gulabrao Patil (fire brand Shivsainik from northern maharashtra , former minister in MVA Govt)
2) Dada Bhuse (rose Sena ranks with CM Shinde. Former agricultural minister)
3) Uday Samant (Former minister in MVA. His car was recently attacked by UT camp Shiv Sainiks. Belongs to Sena’s traditional bastion of Konkan belt, Ratnagiri)
4) Shambhuraje Desai (He was MoS Home in MVA Govt. Prominent name from western Maharashtra)
5) Sandipan Bhumare (senior most MLA, played key role in CM Shinde’s rebellion. Belongs to tactically crucial Sambhajinagar Aurangabad)
6) Bharat Gogawale: He has been appointed chief whip of CM Shinde camp. Belongs to Raigad belt wherein CM Shinde wants to counter NCP’s growing influence.
7) Sanjay Shirsat: Played key role in to form Shinde faction. Close to Eknath Shinde and senior MLA from Marathwada)
8) Bacchu Kadu: He has his own Prahar Janshakti Party with two MLAs in it including him.
The expansion is taking place over five weeks after Eknath Shinde took oath as new chief minister of Maharashtra on June 30.