India’s largest lending bank, State Bank of India (SBI) has shared some safety tips for customers to follow in order to avoid falling into the traps of instant loan apps.
Chinese instant loan apps are a bone of contention with the Central government is taking various steps to hamper these fraud apps.
The proliferation of instant loan apps leads to the rise of cybercrime where borrowers were trapped to pay exorbitant interest rates and illegal loan extraction methods.
SBI has shared an infographic on its official Twitter handle and wrote, ‘Please refrain from clicking on suspicious links or giving your information to a company posing as a Bank or Financial company. Report cyber crimes at – http://cybercrime.gov.in.’
Here are six safety tips shared by SBI for ILLEGAL instant loan apps:
- It’s better to check the authenticity of an app before downloading. There are lots of illegal apps that may trap users and take off money from their accounts.
- You mustn’t click on suspicious links.
- As stated above, it’s better to avoid using unauthorized apps that might steal your data.
- Check the app permission settings to secure your data from getting stolen.
- You should report suspicious money lending apps to the local police authorities.
- You can visit http://bank.sbi. For all your financial needs.