The IMD said in its most recent bulletin that the Indo-Gangetic plains’ moisture dip will cause the fog situation to persist in north India for the next four to five days.
The heavy fog continued to cover a number of north Indian states, impeding both rail and road traffic on Thursday. According to Northern Railway’s chief public relations officer (CPRO), up to 20 trains were running late by one to nearly five hours.
According to the India Meteorological Department’s forecast, fog covered Delhi, Punjab, northwest Rajasthan, east Uttar Pradesh, and Haryana. This morning, visibility in the Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh was less than 10 meters.
According to the IMD, Palam and Safdarjung airports in Delhi recorded visibility levels of 200 meters at 5:30 am. In Punjab, visibility levels were zero in Bhatinda at 5:30 am and 50 meters in Amritsar.
List of trains delayed because of heavy fog:
1. Katra-Hapa Swaraj Express
2. Bhubaneshwar-New Delhi Duronto
3. Saharsa-New Delhi Vaishali Express
4. Vishakhapatnam-New Delhi Express
5. Ghazipur-Anand Vihar
6. Katra-New Delhi Uttar Sampark Kranti
7. Rajgir-New Delhi Shramjeevi
8. Amritsar-Vishakhapatnam Hirakud
9. Jammu-New Delhi Rajdhani Express
10. Lucknow-New Delhi AC
11. Lucknow-New Delhi Mail
12. Howrah-New Delhi Poorva Express
13. Dibrugarh-New Delhi Rajdhani
14. Amritsar-Nanded Sachkhand
15. Kamakhya-Delhi Brahmputra Mail
16. Ayodhya Cantt-Delhi Express
17. Raxual-Anand vihar T Express
18. Muzzafarpur-Anand Vihar S Kranti
19. Raxual-Anand Vihar Suheldev
20. Danapur-Anand Vihar
Along with some areas in eastern and northeastern India, dense fog has also been forecast for Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and north Rajasthan over the course of the next 24 hours.