Since the last year, the Maharashtra Association of Resident Doctors (MARD) has tried to inform the government and Administration about their problems at various levels.
The Association held many meetings with the Minister Of Medical Education, Medical Education Secretary, Governor, Medical Commissioner, and the Medical Education Director. But no solutions have been reached so far hence the Association submitted the following list of demands to the medical Education Minister on Monday.
- Inconvenience to students due to inadequate and dilapidated hostels in all Government/ Municipal colleges in Maharashtra.
- Creation of 1432 posts of senior resident doctors. This proposal has been stalled by the government. Due to this, the future of resident doctors is in jeopardy.
- Immediate filling of vacant posts of associate and assistant professors. Since these posts are vacant, the burden of the entire work of the teachers is passed on to the residents.
- Dearness Allowance should be paid as per Government Resolution (GR) dated October 16, 2018.
- There should be no disparity in the salary of senior resident doctors and all of them should get equal pay.
The residents have threatened to go on strike if their demands are not met at the earliest during the ongoing winter session.