Vidarbha Defence Industries Association (VDIA) has organised ‘MAKE IN INDIA’ summit for defence and aerospace and buyer seller meet (Defence & Aerospace) in Nagpur on February 28 and March 1, 2019 at Hotel Centre Point, Ramdaspeth, Nagpur from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM. Dignitaries, eminent personalities & decision makers representing Ministry of Defence, Armed Forces, DRDO, DPSU, Private Sector of India and Overseas will participate in the summit. A display of stores/ancillaries would be laid out by various national and international companies. Armed Forces will also showcase the requirements from Indian manufactures and MSMEs. Twenty defence manufacturers from Europe are also going to participate in this two day event and share their products, technologies with our local manufacturers.
VDIA is an association of Defence and Aerospace Industries, to bring Vidarbha on national and international landscape of strategic Defence and Aerospace development & manufacturing. This initiative is actively supported by Tata Technologies Ltd as Technology Partner and the Govt. of Maharashtra. With ‘Make in India in Defence & Aerospace’ growing exponentially, the MSMEs have tremendous opportunities by entering into this niche sector of Defence related manufacturing and supplies. It is pertinent to bring out that Defence related procurements and acquisitions are an ongoing process and accounts for thousands of Crores of Rupees every year. There exists a huge market to be exploited by major industries as well as MSMEs.
Nagpur is strategically placed and is well poised to become a major Defence and Aerospace Hub. It is time that industries and associations benefit by this initiative of’ Make in India’. Offsets are another sector which has a huge potential for the MSMEs, as the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) need a large inventory of ancillary and parts/ components.
A very competent professional faculty has been sourced to impart a complete overview of Defence Procurement procedures and requirements. Some of the important topics being covered during the two day deliberations include Make in India- significance and implications, Defence Procurements – Capital and Revenue, Business opportunities in Defence sector and DPSUs. Adequate time has been catered for Question and answer session.
Take aways from the Summit:
The conference will bring together representatives from Ministry of Defence, Master General of Ordnance Branch, Senior Officers of the Air Force and Department of Indigenization of Indian Navy
- One-on-one Meetings with the Officials of concerned Directorates of the AOC in C Maintenance Command, Indian Armed Forces & DPSUs dealing with procurements..
- Opportunities for the companies to showcase their capabilities to the concerned Directorates of the Indian Armed Forces & DPSUs.
- Better understanding of the revenue procurement, especially pertaining to parts/ sub-assemblies / assemblies of vehicles and equipment.
- Understanding Armed Forces’ short and long term sustenance requirements.
- Information about the procedure on how to get quality assurance clearance and get registered with Army Base Workshops and Ordnance Factories & Base Repair Depots.