Delegation of FIAV lead by Kiran Paturkar and CA Milind Kanade called on Union Minister, Road Transport and Highway and MSME and greeted him after assuming the charge of MSME Ministry in addition to his earlier portfolio. Â The delegation apprised him about the present state of Industry affairs particularly in Vidarbha region and further informed that industry is sailing through rough weather.
FIAV informed the Union Minister that
- 1) MSEDCL a PSU is not procuring goods manufactured by MSME under the pretax of OEM purchase which is against the intent of section 11 of MSMED Act 2006 which prescribes the Procurement Preference Policy.
- 2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs may be please be requested to dispense with cumber sum requirements stipulated in Company Act 2013 which require various Certification from Company Secretaries.
- 3) During insolvency process, payments to MSME should be prioritized as their value of supply is less as compared to other big institutions.
- 4) State Government should be persuaded to link the Ready Recknor Rates with the land rates of various Industries Development Corporation land rate to avoid the anomaly of incidence of high capital gains tax.
- 5) Enhancement / Revision proposed in investment in Plant & Machinery for classification of enterprises U/Sec. Â 7 of MSMED, 2006 needs to be implemented immediately.
- 6) MSME Ministry may please prepare an Exit Policy for a MSME setup by a proprietor and attending an age to 60 years so as to protect his later part of life.
After meeting with the Union Minister, FIAV had a meeting of its Executive Committee Members and the following matters were discussed.
Government of Maharashtra announced New Industrial Policy 2019 with guideline for New Package Scheme of Incentives. Â FIAV appreciates that the New Industrial Policy for the first time differentiated classification of areas according to Industrial backwardness for MSMEs, LSI and Mega Units. But the guidelines issued for New Package Scheme of Incentives particularly MSMEs are discouraging and do not achieve removal of Industrial backwardness which is the main objective of providing Package Scheme of Incentives.
Development of mineral based industries in mineral rich areas of Vidarbha region by forming industrial clusters and providing competitive power tariff. Issues of Butibori, Hingna, Amravati, Chandrapur, Akola Industrial areas were discussed by the representatives of member associations.
Madhusudan Roongtha & Raheman Patel from Chandrapur, Manish Sanghavi & Punit Mahajan from Butibori, Chander Khosla andÂ Capt. C.M. Randhir from Hingana, Shankarlal Batra from Amravati, Joharapurkar and Rathi from Akola along with number of representatives from other Â Industrial Area were present on the occasion.
Get the latest Nagpur Business news and updates about the cityâ€™s economy, business, and market. For an exclusive & live updates from the Nagpur, stay connected with THE LIVE NAGPUR.