The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) today released new revised lockdown guidelines after Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced that the nationwide coronavirus lockdown will continue till May 3.
The new guideline issued will help the nation to fight the virus. PM said that the lockdown will be more severe and people have to follow rules or will have to face action if found breaking the rules.
According to the new guideline services issued in the guidelines will not be functional in containment zones for safety purpose and there shall be strict perimeter control in the area of containment zones.
Services to remain close till May 3
• Domestic and International air travel
• Passenger Trains
• Metro Rail services
• Inter-district and Inter-State movement of individual except for medical reasons
• Educational institutes, training, coaching institutes
• Industrial and commercial activities
• Taxi, auto-rickshaw, cab services
• Cinema Halls, Malls, Shopping complexes, Gym, theatres, swimming pools, restaurants
• Hospitality services except those specifically permitted under guidelines
• Social, political, religious gathering
Services to remain functioning in Lockdown
• All health services
• Public utilities
• Supply of essential goods
• Agricultural and related activities
• Fisheries, Plantations, Animal Husbandry
• Financial sector
• Social sector
• Online teaching/ Distance learning to be encouraged
• MNREGA works to be allowed
• Movement loading of goods, cargo (Inter and Intra state)
Along with this the guidelines also issued instruction for the persons in self-quarantine, social distancing, and guidelines on how to follow the norms of lockdown at workplace and help India to break the chain and beat the virus.