RNH Hospital is the only hospital in central India to have Robot for joint replacement Knee osteoarthritis. The 30 bedded Hospital located in central Nagpur is equipped with all modern amenities. With a legacy of more than 15 years, houses the sub-specialties of Orthopaedic Surgeries and catering to Fracture, Trauma and Accident 24*7 Robotic Joint replacement, Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine, Spine Surgery, and Eye Surgeries.
Osteoarthritis is not a disease, itâ€™s an ageing process. Commonest form of osteoarthritis is one which is age-related and every person on earth will have to face this osteoarthritis. Knee joint is one of the most commonly affected joint from osteoarthritis. Usually osteoarthritis affects individual above 55 years of age females are more commonly affected with knee joint osteoarthritis. Initial stages or mild/moderate form of knee osteoarthritis is very well managed with non-surgical treatment such as weight reduction, good physiotherapy, viscose supplementation injections, medications And adjusting some activities of daily living. If itâ€™s a severe form of osteoarthritis than the individual have to think about total knee replacement surgery.
Knee replacement surgery is one of the most successful surgeries. Usually, total knee replacement surgery is done in a conventional way using various Jiggs and saw to fit the artificial implant. Itâ€™s found that 20% of our knee replacement patients were not satisfied with the surgery. Two common reasons for that were first unrealistic expectations of the patient and second some technical disadvantages of conventional jigs.
To overcome the disadvantages of conventional jigs robotic knee replacement surgery was introduced in 2011. Every individualâ€™s Knee is made up of Thigh bone (Femur) & Leg bone (tibia) but there is some angle variation which is very specific for each individual. So robotic assisted total knee replacement surgery helps in individualising the surgery as per patientâ€™s specific anatomy.
Hence robotic assisted knee replacement surgery is very beneficial and useful for our older population to make them live a pain-free life and enjoying all activities of the daily life without any pain.
Advantages of robotic assisted total knee replacement surgeries
1. Artificial knee implant placement is very accurate as per patientâ€™s original knee.
2. There is less amount of bone loss with robotic knee replacement.
3. Blood loss has also reduced significantly following robotic assisted knee replacement surgery.
4. Post-operative pain is quite less but it depends on individualâ€™s pain threshold capacity.
5. Patient feels much stable Knee after robotic assisted knee replacement surgery hence the recovery is very fast.
6. Patient starts walking within 24 hours of surgery, stair climbing within two days of surgery, regains full painless knee movements very soon after surgery.
7. Patients are back to their activities of daily living within 7 to 10 days of surgery.
8. Post-operative physiotherapy has also reduced significantly after robotic assisted knee replacement surgery.
9. Accurate component placement precise limb alignment and perfect ligament balancing is achieved with robotic assisted knee replacement surgery
With a team of reputed Doctors of RNH hospitals which includes Dr Dilip Rathi, Dr Mukesh Laddha, Dr Sameer Kalkotwar , Dr Anoop Madavi, Dr Nita Rathi, Dr Shahnawaj Siddiqui, along with nurses and staff,RNH promises to provide the highest quality services to the patients suffering from various disorders at 40, Balraj Marg, Dhantoli, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440012.