Maharashtra Government has announced to reopen hotels and restaurants from July 8 under the “Mission Begin Again” the government issued a revised order allowing hotels and other entities to provide accommodation services including lodges, guest houses, etc, outside containment zones, with restricted entry to reopen.
These establishments will have to operate at 33 percent capacity and under certain conditions as mentioned by the government.
Conditions for Hotels and other entities providing accommodation services including Lodges. Guest Houses etc.
A) All Entities shall ensure the following additional arrangements:
- Posters/standees/AV media on preventive measures about COVID-19 and these guidelines are to be displayed prominently.
- Proper crowd management in the hotel, as well as outside premises like parking lots, shall be ensured. Specific markings may be made to manage the queue and seating arrangements are reconfigured in public places to ensure social distancing
- Entrance to have mandatory thermal screening provisions. Reception Table space should have protective glass
- Hand sanitizers must be made freely available at the reception, guest rooms and public spaces (lobbies, etc.) for guests
- Appropriate personal protective gear like face covers/masks, gloves shall be made available by the hotel to the staff as well as guests
- Hotels must adopt contactless processes like QR code, online forms, digital payments like e-wallet, etc. for both check-in check-out and playing orders inside the premises
- Number of guests in the elevator to be restricted, duly maintaining social distancing norms
- For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWD shall be followed which inter alia emphasizes that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30 relative humidity should be in the range of 40-70%. Conditions for Hotels and other entities providing accommodation services including Lodges. Guest Houses etc.
- Only asymptomatic guests shall be allowed.
- Guests to be allowed entry only if using face cover/masks. The face cover/mask has to be worn at all times inside the hotel.
- Details of the guest (travel history, medical condition, etc.) along with ID and self-declaration form must be provided by the guest at the reception
- Guests are to use Arogya Setu App compulsorily.
- Guests are encouraged to minimize the use of housekeeping services.
Use of facilities:
- Seating arrangement to be reconfigured to ensure social distancing o E-menus and disposable paper napkins to be encouraged
- Room service or takeaways to be encouraged, instead of dine-in,
- Restaurants will be available only for resident guests strictly.
- Gaming Arcades / Children play area / Swimming Pools / Gymnasium (wherever applicable) shall remain closed.
- Large gatherings/congregations continue to remain prohibited inside the premises. However, use of meeting halls at 33% capacity subject to a max of 15 participants is permitted
Cleaning, Sanitization, and Disinfection:
- Rooms and other service areas shall be sanitized each time a guest vacates the room.
- After the clients stay is over, the room should be left unoccupied for at least 24 hours
- All linens, towels should be changed after the guest vacate the room.
- Effective and frequent sanitization within the premises shall be maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking, and handwashing stations areas.
- Cleaning and regular disinfection (using 1% sodium hypochlorite) of frequently touched surfaces (doorknob, elevator buttons, handrails, benches, washroom fixtures, etc.) to be made mandatory in all guest service area and common areas
- Deep cleaning of all washrooms shall be ensured at regular intervals.
- Proper disposal of face covers/masks/gloves leftover by guests and/or staff should
Required Actions in case of a suspect or confirmed case in the premises:
- House the ill person in a room or area where they are isolated from others
- Immediately inform the nearest medical facility (hospital/elinie) or call the state or district helpline.
- A risk assessment will be undertaken by the designated public health authority (district RRT treating physician) and accordingly further action be initiated regarding the management of the case, his/her contacts and need for disinfection
- Disinfection of the premises to be taken up if the person is found positive