After Maharashtra government, Nagpur Municipal Corporation has also extended lockdown in the city till August 31 and has issued new guidelines to operationalize â€˜MISSION BEGIN AGAIN; for easing of restrictions & phase wise opening till 31 August in Nagpur City.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 5l to 60 of Disaster Management Act” 2005 besides legal action under Sec. 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable. Extracts of these penal provisions are at Annexure III.
The Unlock 3, will come into effect from August 1, 2020, along with the process of phased re-opening of activities.
According to the order, malls and market complexes without cinema halls, food courts and restaurants will be operational between 9 am and 7 pm from August 5. Wearing a mask and following social distancing norms is mandatory.
All other activities including barbershops, salons, spas, etc, which were allowed earlier, will also remain open in the current order. All non-essential shops will also remain open from 9 am to 7 pm. Liquor shops will be allowed to operate if permitted for home delivery, or otherwise.
Activities permitted with restrictions in Nagpur Municipal Corporation limits
- All essential shops which are allowed to remain open before this order shall continue to do so.
- All non-essential shops will be allowed to continue as per relaxations and guidelines issued. All nonÂessential markets, market areas & shops will remain open from 9 am to 7 pm. Liquor shops will continue to operate if permitted, home delivery, or otherwise.
- Malls and market complexes will be operational from 9 am to 7 pm with effect from 5th August 2020 without theatres Food Courts / Restaurants. However, the kitchen of restaurants and food courts will be allowed to operate in Malls wherein only home delivery through aggregators will be allowed.
- E-commerce activity for essential as well as non-essential items & material.
- All the industrial units which are presently open will continue to operate.
- All constructions sites (Public/Private) are allowed to remain open and All such pre-monsoon works (Public and Private) are allowed.
- Home delivery restaurants / Kitchen.
- Online/distance learning and related activities.
- All government offices (excluding Emergency, health & Medical, treasuries, disaster management, police, NIC, Food & Civil Supply, FCI, N.Y.K., Municipal Services to function with 15% strength or 15 persons whichever is higher.
- All private offices can operate up to 10% strength or 10 people, whichever is more
- Activities related to self-employed people like plumbers, electricians, pest control, and technicians.
- Garages to mend vehicles and workshops with prior appointments
- For shopping purpose, people are expected to use only’ nearby/neighbourhood markets only. Long-distance travel for non-essential items will not be permitted.
- Marriage related gatherings on open spaces, lawns, non-air-conditioned halls as mentioned in Order dated 23rd June 2020.
- Outdoor Physical Activities with restrictions
- Printing and Distribution of newspapers (including home delivery)
- The offices/staff of Educational institutions (Universities/ Colleges/ Schools) for the purpose of non-teaching purposes including the development of e-content, evaluation of answer sheets and declaration of results
- Barbershops, Spas. Saloons, Beauty Parlors with conditions as permitted by the earlier order
- Outdoor non-team sports like Golf courses, outdoor firing range, outdoor gymnastics, tennis, outdoor badminton, and malkhamb will be allowed with physical distancing and sanitation measures with effect from 5th August 2020. Swimming pools will not be allowed to operate.
- Movement of people is allowed in the following manner:
Taxi/Cab/aggregator Only essential 1 + 3 Rickshaw Only essential 1 + 2 Four Wheeler Only essential 1 + 3 Two-wheeler 1 + 1 with helmet and mask.
Wearing of mask shall be compulsory in the transport system.