Nagpur Municipal Corporation and Orange City Water have planned a 24-hours shutdown of Kanhan Water Treatment Plant (WTP) to carry out Flow Meter installation at raw Water Inlet at WTP, Leakage Repairing on Kanhan Automotive 900 Feeder opposite to Cancer Hospital & Repairing of Bypass pipeline leakage at Lakadganj ESR premises on November 4 (Wednesday) 11 am to November 5 (Thursday) at 11 am.
Earlier, the shutdown was planned on Nov 2 (Monday) to Nov 3 (Tuesday), however repeated power tripping’s at Kanhan WTP on Nov 1 (Sunday) had already disturbed water supply in 4 zones of Satranjipura, Lakadganj, Aasinagar and Nehru Nagar from North and East Nagpur, so for people, should not get affected further, so NMC-OCW has postponed shutdown to Nov 4 (Wednesday.)
Following this 24-hours shutdown , water supply in almost 28 ESR’s from 4 zones of Satranjipura, Lakadganj, Aasinagar and Nehru Nagar zone to remain affected.
Further as 28 ESR’s will remain empty, water supply through Tankers will also be not possible during and
after shutdown in affected areas.
Below are the Major proposed work during shutdown .
1) Flow Meter installation at raw Water Inlet at plant –
2) 2 No’s of End plate installation on 700mm feeder at Kalmna ESR Premises and Nagoba Mandir valve . 3
3) Leakage Repairing on Kanhan Auto900 Feeder opposite to cancer Hospital
4) Repairing of Bypass pipeline leakage at Lakadganj ESR Premises
5) Preventive maintenance of Lakadganj ESR branch Feeder Valve -ESR (Overhead water Tanks) to remain affected from Nov. 4 (Wednesday) to Nov. 5 (Thursday)
AshiNagar Zone : Bezonbagh ESR , Binaki -Existing , Binaki-1&2 , Indora-1&2, Bazonbagh, Gamdoor DT, Aaakashwani DT, & Jaswant Talkies DT ESR command areas
Satranjipura Zone: Bastarwadi-1 , 2A & 2B ,Shanti Nagar ESR, Wanjari (Vinoba Bhave Nagar) , Itabhatti Square DT, Nehru Nagar Zone: Nandanvan (Old), Nandanvan I, II, , Sakkardara, I, II, III, Tajbagh ESR & Kharabi ESR.
Lakadganj Zone: Bhandewadi, Deshpande Lay Out (Bharatwada), Lakadganj, Minimata Nagar, Subhan Nagar ESR, Kalamana ESR and Pardi I & Pardi II