- High density rail networks and highly utilized rail routes to be provided with indigenously developed automatic train protection system which will eliminate train collision due to human error.
- 100% electrification of rail broad gauge routes to be completed by December 2023
- Western Dedicated Freight Corridor and Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor to be commissioned by June 2022
Various additional initiatives too being proposed
- Record sum of 1,10,055 crore to be provided for Indian Railways, out of which 1,07,100 is for capital expenditure only
- Indian Railways have prepared a National Rail Plan for India â€“ 2030.The Plan is to create a â€˜future readyâ€™ Railway system by 2030.
The following additional initiatives are proposed:
A. The Sonnagar-Gomoh Section (263.7 km) of Eastern DFC will be taken up in PPP mode in 2021-22. Gomoh-Dankuni section of 274.3 km will also be taken up in short succession.
B. We will undertake future dedicated freight corridor projects namely East Coast corridor from Kharagpur to Vijayawada, East-West Corridor from Bhusaval to Kharagpur to Dankuni and North-South corridor from Itarsi to Vijayawada. Detailed Project Reports will be undertaken in the first phase.
C. Broad Gauge Route Kilometers (RKM) electrified is expected to reach 46,000 RKM i.e., 72% by end of 2021 from 41,548 RKM on 1st Oct 2020. 100% electrification of Broad-Gauge routes will be completed by December, 2023.
For Passenger convenience and safety the following measures are proposed:
A. We will introduce the aesthetically designed Vista Dome LHB coach on tourist routes to give a better travel experience to passengers.
B. The safety measures undertaken in the past few years have borne results. To further strengthen this effort, high density network and highly utilized network routes of Indian railways will be provided with an indigenously developed automatic train protection system that eliminates train collision due to human error.