The Vaccination drive for those within the age bracket of 60 and 45 with specified co-morbidities is all set to commence from March 1. Before the beginning of the drive, the government has issued list of people who will be prioritised for the vaccination.
For this nationwide inoculation drive, the government has also issued certain norms that is to be followed by the Government COVID Vaccination Centers. All the private health facilities which will serve as Government COVID Vaccination Centers must follow strict norms of due process, quality and safety including integration with the National CoWin technology platform.
All private health facilities must also have adequate space, adequate cold chain arrangements, adequate number of vaccinators and support staff and adequate arrangements for addressing Adverse Event Following Immunization (AEFI).
The centres will offer free vaccination for all with the Central Government bearing the full cost of the vaccination.
“The simplified system of certifying people with 20 co-morbidities within the 45-59 years age group was also explained to the States. The simplified one page certificate to be signed by any registered medical practitioner is at annexure-1. The certificate can either be uploaded on Co-WIN2.0 by the beneficiary while self registering or a hard copy can be carried by the beneficiary to the CVC,” the ministry had said.
Presence of Any One of the following criteria will prioritize the individual for vaccination.
Post cardiac transplant/Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Heart Failure with hospital admission in past one year
- Post Cardiac Transplant Ventricular Artist Device (LVAD)
- Significant Left ventricular systolic detention (LVEF 40%)
- Moderate or Severe Valvular Heart Disease
- Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or idiopathic PAH
- Coronary Artery Disease with past CABG/PTCA/MI AND Hypertension Diabetes on treatment
- Angina AND Hypertension/Dubetes on treatment
- CT/MRI donmented stroke AND Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Pulmonary artery Inypertennion AND Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Diabetes (>10 years or with complication) AND Hypertension treatment
- Kidney/Liver/ hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient/On the waitlist
- End-Stage Kidney Disease on haemodialysis/ CAPD
- Current ringed use of oral corticosteroids/ immunosuppressant medications
- Decompensated cirrhosis
- Severe respiratory disease with hospitalisations in last two years/FEVI <50%
- Lymphoma / Leukaemia/ Myeloma
- Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after Ist July 2020 OR currently an any cancer therapy
- Sickle cell Disease /Bone marrow failure/ Aplastic Anemia/ Thalassemia Major
- Primary immunodeficiency diseases/HIV infection
- Persons with disabilities due to Intellectual disabilities/ Muscular Dystrophy/ Acid attack with involvement of respiratory system/ Persons with disabilities having high support needs/ Multiple disabilities including deaf-blindness