Covid-19 vaccine slot booking is now possible on WhatsApp. After allowing users to download vaccination certification simply by sending a message to the MyGov helpdesk, the app will now let users book vaccination slots.
WhatsApp users can send “Book Slot” to the MyGov WhatsApp number and get a slot of Covid-19 vaccination. Almost every Indian user has WhatsApp on his phone. With this new feature, booking a vaccination slot through the app would become easier and more convenient for users, who couldn’t book their slot using CoWin.
Talking about the new feature, Abhishek Singh, CEO MyGov “MyGov Corona Helpdesk has been a path breaking technological solution that benefited millions of citizens across the nation. It is a testament to the fact that when the right platform and technology are integrated, the results are immensely beneficial. Since its launch, MyGov Corona Helpdesk, enabled with support from Haptik and Turn.io, has evolved into a go-to platform that is not only helping citizens with authentic Corona-related information but is now also aiding them in the process of vaccine booking as also finding vaccination centers and slots and downloading vaccination certificates. It is enabling digital inclusion in the true sense as most people find the AI based interface enabled on WhatsApp easier to navigate. We are thankful to WhatsApp for their continued support in helping us unlock the true potential of this chatbot for citizen help and engagement throughout the trying times of the pandemic.”
It has been reported that over 32 Lakh vaccination certificates have been downloaded using the MyGov chatbot on WhatsApp. So if you have taken your covid-19 vaccination yet, you can book the slot using the following steps
Here is how you can book covid-19 slot using MyGov
– First and most important step is to save the MyGov corona helpdesk number 9013151515 as a contact
– After saving the number, open the chat window and send “Book Slot” to this number on WhatsApp
– MyGov will send a six-digit OTP to your number via SMS. Enter the number.
– MyGov will show you the list of members who are on CoWin portal with your number
– You can choose between the 1,2,3 options
– In the chat, enter your pin code and WhatsApp will show a list of vaccination centres in your area along with the charges.
– Confirm your appointment and visit the vaccination centre on the day of your appointment.