Maharashtra Forest Department in association with Nagpur Division (Territorial), Government College of Arts & Design, and “Birds Of Vidarbha” is organising “Photography Competition & Exhibition 2022” to celebrate Wildlife Week 2022.
No Entry Fee & No Printing Cost to Participants will be taken. Participants have to submit a softcopy. Participants can submit the photograph through Email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibition Dates will be held from October 1 to October 7. The exhibition will remain closed on 5th October 2022 on the occasion of “DASARA”. The best 80 Entries will be exhibited in the exhibition.
The subject for the photography will be “INDIAN WILDLIFE”. It will be in two categories;
A) BIRDS & INSECTS
B) MAMMALS & REPTILES
Image Size: 20” x 30” JPEG (Max 2 Entries per category per participant)
Last Date of Submission: Friday, September 25.
Exhibition Venue :
“Kaladalan” Government College of Arts & Design,
Near Dikshabhumi, Laxminagar, Nagpur.
Prizes : (Each Categories)
1st Prize: Rs 21,000/-
2nd Prize : Rs. 15,000/-
3rd Prize : Rs. 11,000/-
Three (3) Special Mention: Rs. 5,000/- each
One (1) Viewer’s Choice Award: Rs. 3,000/-.
Information, Rules & Guidelines of competitions:
- The image to be submitted in high resolutions i.e the pixel density shall be 6000 pixels x 9000 Pixels. The photograph shall be printed with 1” white border on all sides.
- The Image should be a clean image with no watermark or text on the image. Images with watermarks/text will be disqualified.
- The entry should be submitted with details such as Location of Photograph, Month and year along with Name of the Species and desired Caption.
- The required details should be submitted in the body of the email along with other details such as Name of Participants, Corresponding Address, Email and Contact Number.
- Photographs clicked in the Wild shall be considered eligible for the competition.
- Photographs/Images clicked in Zoo or of captive animals/birds shall not be considered for Competition/Exhibition.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. In case if Plagiarism is proved, the Participant shall be disqualified and the entries shall not be exhibited. If felt necessary, the Organising Team/Management/Judges may ask the Participants for unedited/RAW copy of the image/photograph submitted.
- No tampering with the original image should be undertaken. Minimalistic changes such as changes in brightness, contrast and adjustment of mild tones is allowed with normal cleaning, noise reduction shall be permitted. Only Minimal Cropping is permitted (not more than 20 % of original frame). No major photoshopping is permitted.
- Submission of photograph ‘EXIF’ details is not mandatory, however, the Participants are encouraged to share the details in the submission email.
- The winner may be interviewed/enquired to ascertain the authenticity and ownership of the photograph. This may involve seeking references and/or calling in for RAW images, EXIF/ JPEG, etc.
The photographs will be examined by Panel of Three Experts. The decision of Panel of Judges shall be final and binding on all Participants.