There are certain new laws that the average person must follow in 2023 as we enter the new year. On December 31, 2022, the window for installing new security systems in vehicles was closed. People who break the law now face a traffic fine between Rs 5,000 and Rs 10,000. This page
According to the Motor Cars Act and Central Motor Vehicle Rules, the government has made color-coded stickers and high security registration plates (HSRP) required for all vehicles. All vehicles that are registered before April 1, 2019, must now have the high security number plates and color-coded stickers, as the deadline of December 31 has passed. Vehicles without these crucial security features could face steep fines starting on January 1.
Petrol and CNG vehicles need a blue sticker, diesel vehicles need an orange sticker, electric vehicles should have a green sticker, along with the high security number plate. The cost of getting an HSRP installed ranges between Rs 600 to Rs 1100 for four-wheelers. For two-wheelers, installation cost has been fixed at Rs 365. The HSRP has been made mandatory to curb car theft as it can easily help track lost or stolen vehicles.
Steps to apply for HSRP
- Vehicle owners will need to register first on the official website bookmyhsrp.com
- Log on to the website and select private/ public transport from the options
- Choose the correct fuel type option between petrol, diesel, CNG, electric, CNG cum petrol
- Select vehicle category from car, scooter, motorbike, auto, etc
- Filling in the requisite details of brand, then state and dealer details
- Now you will have to choose options for states, after which you will see dealer details.
- Enter required information about the vehicle like registration number, date of, engine serial number, chassis number.
- Fill in your personal details as required
- Enter booking date, time details for vehicle HSRP
- Complete process with OTP generation. Download and print receipt.
You will receive notification on your registered number to get the HSRP installed once it is made.