Vaibhav RautÂ emerged the champion in the chess tournament organised during Khasdar Krida Mahotsav at NMC indoor sports complex, Vivekanand Nagar.
In nine-round tournament, Raut, Ansh Dhanvij and Ojas Khamele secured eight points each however on the basis of tiebreaker Rat was declared champion whereas Dhanvij and Khamele finished second and third respectively.
Prizes were distributed at the hands ofÂ Â CPC College Chairman,Â Mohan Gandhe, Chairperson ofÂ Ajinkya Tutorials, Sushma Saraf, Sunil Manekar,Â Former Corporate Usha Nishitkar, VCA Secretary R N Shriwas, Secretary VCA, Gajanan Nishitkar and Chief Arbiter IA Swapnil Bansod.
Bansod was assisted by FA Deepak Chavan, Umesh Panbude, Shrikant Bagde, Kumbhalkar, Prayas Ambade, Smit Tembhurne, S N Parkhi andÂ Deepak Patrikar.
- Vaibhav Raut (8, 54.5),Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 5.Â Chandan Mahajan (7.5, 52),
- Dhanvij Ansh (8, 49.5),Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 6. Patil Priyanshu (7.5, 51),
- Khamele Ojas (8, 48.5),Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 7. Hirani Lakshy (7.5, 49.5),
- Ranade MayankÂ (7.5, 52),Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 8. Saurabh Lokhande (7.5, 49),
- Swayam Aalewad (7.5, 45.5),Â Â Â 10. Katdare Jayant (7, 52.5).