Want an instant mood up lifter? Grab that mango. It’s true! A good mango can lift your mood. A good juicy mango can give you as much pleasure as an ice-cream. The world can be a depressing place and a great tasting mango can make you forget your worries. Can we all use some levity please? Just a break and 10 minutes of sheer joy!
It’s that time of the year again and mangoes galore. Every time I see mangoes, I think of the various ways it can be devoured. Be it the princely Alphonso, Badami, Dasheri, Kesar or anyone of your choice, it doesn’t really matter. What matters is how creative you can get to eating and relishing the king of fruits.
Ways to enjoy Mangoes
- Quick Dessert- Squeeze out the pulp from the fruit, add some sugar/honey and blend it in a mixer. Cool it in the refrigerator for some time and serve it chill. You can also mix mangoes, strawberries and bananas in a bowl will some chilli powder, lime juice and honey. Serve it chilled.
- Smoothie- Nothing like having a refreshing smoothie in the scorching heat. Blend 1 cup of orange juice, ½ cup curd and one banana. Add 1 diced mango, some honey and a few ice cubes and blend again. Enjoy!
- Parfait- Layer a low fat cream or a flavoured curd/yogurt, add some granola, raisins and diced mangoes in a tall cup and let it chill in the refrigerator for some time. Serve chilled.
- Mango Salsa- If you love to entertain your guests and are looking for something seasonal yet creative, serve a spicy mango salsa to go with chips and crackers. Create a salsa with mangoes, onions, lime juice and some coriander leaves. This would be an instant hit amongst your friends.
- Frozen Treat- Blend the pulp of a ripe mango, blend it in a mixer and let it cool for some time. Add this chilled puree on top of a vanilla ice-cream and top it off with more diced mangoes. It is super healthy and you will love it. It is also an instant crowd pleaser.
Get creative with mangoes this season and thank us later or just get messy!