As we know the kite lovers are eagerly waiting for celebrating the harvest festival Makar Sankranti on Wednesday. And the shops in city are crowded with colourful kites. On this occasion, for avoiding many accidents and untoward incident the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (MSEDCL) has issued an advisory for the citizens.
The advisory includes following instructions:
- It is dangerous to pull the kites stuck on the electric wires.
- Never try to pull the manja stuck on the power cables.
- Avoid using metal mixed manja.
- Avoid kite flying in the overhead power cable area.
- Parents should monitor the kite flying activity of their wards.
- Do not throw string with stone on the power cables.
The MSEDCL has appealed to the citizens to take precautions while flying kites. Because the high-tension wires are spread all over the city there is constant possibility of major tragedy as kites could stick on the electric wires which cause serious electric shock. So it is important to keep the kids away from the high-tension wires because normally kids try to pull down the kites stuck on the wires with help of sticks, rods or any other long object and while doing this, there is always a possibility that the kids may touch the electric wires. Also the attempts of pulling down the kites with manja can turn to be foolish attempt as the manja can cause spark on the cables and may lead to heavy electric shock. So for the safety and security of life it is vital to follow the instructions.