Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister Ajit Pawar presented the maiden budget of the Maha Vikas Aghadi in the Legislative Assembly on Friday by saying that the national economic slowdown has affected the State as well.
Pawar said that budget proposals focus on tackling challenges of economic slowdown and creation of employment.
The Minister said that there was a drop in central funds to the State to the tune of 8,453 crore, and added that the total debt on the State till January 2020 is 4,33,901 crore.
Here are some major points Pawar pointed outduring the budget session in the assembly
– We aim to develop every element of this society, so we emphasis on providing good medical facilities.
– The cost of basic infrastructure is 2,48,000 crores. We are trying to make the farmers stress free.
– The farmers having a loan of more than 2 lakhs will be given a relief.
– We can see the effects of Financial Depression in the state
– To increase the ground water level 10,035 crores are sanctioned for Water Resources Department.
– A provision of 22,000 crores has been made for Mahatma Phule Farmers Loan Waiver Scheme.
– The government is giving priority for the development of Konkan, with emphasis on construction of roads.
– The Pune Metro will be extended, from Swargate to Katraj
– Till 2024 every GramPanchayat in the state will have their own offices.
– Solapur and Pune to have new Airports.
– 5,000 Crores funds are approved for primary health care in remote areas.
– All schools to be connected with internet.
– 400 crores will be provided to buy new buses and to develop bus Depot. The old buses will be changed with modern buses.
– We aim to provide employment to every unemployed youth, we will provide help to start new businesses and train the unemployed.
– Our Priority is Women Safety, 2,110 crores will be provided for Women and Child development department.
– On every divisional level a Women Commission will be established.
– Marathwada Water Grid Project will be implemented.
– A Marathi Bhavan will be established in Mumbai
– MLA fund increased to 3 crore from 2 crore
– Natya Sammelan to get a grant of 10 crore.
– A seperate committee to be formed for transgenders. A provision of 5 crore has been made.
– A provision on 9800 crore has been made for district Annual Scheme.
– A provision of 1400 crore has been made for tourism department.