Nagpur Division has always been a front runner to render its services during any crisis situation. Lockdown posed a lot of problems. The main concern of the Government was to ensure the availability of essential commodities in every part of the country.Â Nagpur being the heart of the country, played a key role to ensure the smooth movement of goods and commodities. A parcel train from Nagpur railway station to Howrah, which included medicines, fruits and essential food items, was left from the city today.
During the lockdown period
Perishable commodities like Orange, Anar, Mango, Ginger, Garlic, Mousambi, Mushrooms, mix veg, Fish etc. were despatched. Hard parcels(general goods) were also booked viz. Medicines, medical equipments, camphor, saunf, Packing materials, Kirana goods etc were also despatched.Â The major destinations were towards the eastern region namely Durg, Raipur, Bilaspur, Jharsuguda, Rourkela, TATA, Shalimar(kolkata), Changsari.Â Goods were also booked in other destinations like Badnera, Akola,Bhuswal, Jalgaon, Mumbai towards Western region.
In this crisis situation, Nagpur division, Central rly played a key role in transporting essential commodities services.
This was possible due to sincere and dedicated efforts of Commercial branch of the division :
1. Marketing meetings with merchants were held regularly.
2. Identification letters were issued
to loaders and assisted them to obtain permission from state authorities.
3. Parcel trains were accommodated on PF no.08 adjoining to parcel office so that loading can be done within schedule halt.
4. Adequate labourers with precautionary measures like masks, sanitisers ,social distancing were deployed.
5. Tracking of parcel train was regularly done.
6. Loading details were forwarded to destinations to ensure quick unloading
7.Wide publicity of Covid-19 parcel trains was given through Press, local TV channels and electronic media.
8.Telephonic enquiry facility for parcel traffic was started by providing toll free no.138 and mobile no. of Chief Parcel Supervisor (9503012995). This is appreciated by general public.
9. To encourage medicine/ medical equipment goods , President IMA and President Pharma were contacted so that medicines can be available to all general public.
10. Continuous liaisoning with all customers was being done.
11. Use of social media like Twitter to promote parcel trains was done.
12. One to one marketing at Itwari and Kalamana market was conducted. 13. Monitoring of parcel train’s punctuality was being continuously done to ensure its reaching the destination on time.
These were sent to Raipur, Bilaspur, Rourkela,TATA, Shalinar(Kolkata), Akola, mumbai.