Nagpur Municipal Corporation has given a green signal to the schools within city limits to re-open after nine months from January 4, 2021. The school education and sports department have directed to reopen the schools and junior colleges from class 9 to class 12.
In this regards NMC has made it mandatory to follow the guidelines / SOPs issued on November 10, 2020, by the Department of School Education and Sports regarding the commencement of schools.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization of facilities in the school. The school administration should be vigilant about the availability of essential items.
- All the teachers and teaching staff of the school are required to submit the RTPCR test for Covid-19 and the certificate issued by the test laboratory will be required to be submitted to the school management committee.
- Seating arrangements in the classroom as well as in the staffroom should be in accordance with the rules of physical distance.
- Posters/Stickers with guidelines regarding physical distance, use of masks, etc must be put in the school. School Management must ensure that physical distance of 6 feet for standing in line inside and outside the school is maintained. Arrow marks to determine the different ways of coming and going to maintain physical distance. It will be necessary for the school management to take action in this regard.
- Students must obtain the written consent of their parents before attending school.
- Is the school premises cleaned regularly every day to maintain cleanliness and hygienic conditions in and around the school premises? Are toilets frequently sterilized? In the case of private schools, In the case of private schools, Education Officer, Z.P. The Department of Secondary Education will have look after the preparations. While for other schools, Education Officer, NMC will be incharge of all.
- The schools have been instructed to keep thermometers, thermal scanning guns, pulse oximeters, disinfectant soaps, etc. from the available funds.
- Is the school transport vehicle disinfected at least twice a day (before and after boarding the student vehicle) for safe travel of the students? Is there complete preparation and material available for this? In the case of private schools, it is the responsibility of the Education Officer, Z.P.
- Classes should not be taken in closed rooms under any circumstances. Classroom doors and windows should be kept open for ventilation. The school management should take care of this. Classes should not be taken in rooms as there is no ventilation.
- The school administration should instruct its teachers and teaching staff to be present at the school in order to prepare for the commencement of the school.
- Nagpur and Education Officer, Municipal Corporation Nagpur should submit details about the preparedness to Commissioner, Municipal Corporation Nagpur before the commencement of the school.
Any person violating the orders and guidelines issued by this office from time to time for the prohibition of COVID-19 shall be liable to prosecution under Section 51, 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and other legal provisions.