To deal with the resurgence of COVID-19 Pandemic Employeesâ€™ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has undertaken multiple steps to cater to its Stakeholders as well as general public.
- A total 21 ESIC Hospitals (directly run by ESIC) with 3676 Covid Isolation Beds having 229 ICU/163. ventilator beds across India are functioning as COVID-19 Dedicated Hospitals to exclusively provide COVID medical services to the general public. Besides this, 06 ESIC Hospitals are also providing Covid and non-Covid services.
- Also, a total 26 ESI Scheme Hospitals run by State Govts. having 2023 beds across India are functioning as Covid Dedicated Hospitals.
- Plasma therapy which is shown to save the lives of serious COVID-19 patients has been started in ESIC Medical College & Hospital, Faridabad (Haryana) and ESIC Medical College & Hospital, Sanath Nagar (Telangana).
- Covid Nodal Officers have been nominated at each ESIC Hospital for effective coordination with State/Central Health Authorities.
- In addition to above, instructions have been issued to each ESIC hospital to function with a minimum of 20% of its bed capacity as dedicated Covid beds for ESI IPs, beneficiaries, staff & pensioners.
- In order to ease out the hardship of ESI Beneficiaries in these difficult times, ESIC has allowed purchase of medicines by beneficiaries from private chemists and reimbursements will be made by ESIC subsequently.
Facilities available in 21 dedicated Covid ESIC Hospitals (directly run by ESIC)
- Further, ESIC Hospitals are adopting all the updated guidelines being issued by MoH&FW, Govt. of India, on a regular basis for delivering better and prompt medical services. Implementation of all such measures is being regularly monitored at ESIC Headquarters. through video conference with the hospitals across the country, stated ESIC through a communique.