Citing the spread of the virus in the second wave Maharashtra government has extended all the enforcement of the current restrictions, along with certain additional restrictions, throughout the State till June 1, 7 am to break the chain of transmission effectively.
- Any person entering the State of Maharashtra by any mode of transport will have to carry a negative RTPCR test report which will have to be issued from upto a maximum of 48 hours before the time of his entry into Maharashtra
- All the restrictions that have been made applicable to persons arriving from places of Sensitive Origins’ as per the orders dated 18 April and 1 May, 2021 will be applicable to anyone arriving from any part of the country into the State.
- In the case of cargo carriers, not more than two people (Driver + Cleaner/ helper) may be allowed to travel in the same. If these cargo carriers are originating from outside the state, these may be allowed to enter into the State with an negative RTPCR test which will have to be issued from upto a maximum of 48 hours before the time of entry into Maharashtra and which will be valid for 7 days.
- Local DMA should keep special vigil over rural markets and APMCs and ensure Covid appropriate behaviour and if it finds any such place as difficult to manage and discipline to ensure non-spread of Covid epidemic, local DMA may decide on a case by case basis to shut these or may impose further restrictions.
- Milk collection, transport and processing may be allowed without restrictions though its retail sale shall be allowed subject to restrictions imposed dealing with essential items or through home delivery.
- Personnel engaged in Airport and Port services and needed for movement cargo related to medicines or equipments needed for Covid management will be allowed to travel in local, mono and metro services.
- Local DMA may decide to impose further restrictions generally or to specific sectors or specific areas with intimation SDMA and shall give at least 48 hours of public notice before making such further restrictions applicable.