The stretch of NH-53 passing through Bhandara City is the part of the NHDP Phase-III project i.e., the Raipur–Nagpur Section of NH-53.
The said reach is proposed to be developed into 6 lane divide carriageway which is at present 2 lane. The NH-53 passes through Bhandara City thereby creating traffic congestion and jam which leads to increase in travelling time and more consumption of fuel. Therefore, the construction of Bhandara Bypass was highly essential.
Benefits of the Project:
• Better Connectivity of Nagpur – Raipur Section of NH-53
• 6 lane bridge of 600 m on Wainganga River which will reduce traffic congestion on old bridge in Bhandara City.
• The Hassle-free Traffic Movement in Bhandara City by providing 10.34 km bypass
• The 10.34 km of Bhandara Bypass (Green Field) will be fully access controlled by providing service road.
• The construction of 2 flyovers and 17 underpasses will significantly enhance the safety of the road users.
• There will be considerable saving of time and fuel. This will reduce both Noise and Air Pollution in Bhandara City.
The cost of the work is Rs.421.40 Cr. While the cost of land acquisition is Rs. 100 Cr. (for 60 Ha). The length of the project is 14.800 km