Six shelter centres of the municipality for the homeless.
Convenience facilities at the shelter:
Beds for the poor and needy homeless by the Municipal Social Development Department. 280-bed capacity with basic amenities like mattresses, blankets and bed sheets etc. 24 hour system of Urban Homeless Shelter Centre. Provision of free meals to senior citizens above 60 years of age and at moderate cost to other urban homeless.
Following are the addresses of the shelter centres in the city:
1. Municipal Buti Girls School, Temple Bazar road, Sitabuldi
2. Under the railway station bridge, Ganesh tekdi
3. Hansapuri Primary and Secondary School, Timki, Bhankheda
4. Satranjipura zone old building
5. Samaj Bhawan, Indore Math Mohalla New building
NMC urges social organisations, philanthropists and other people to distribute food, blankets, bed sheets etc to the homeless people at the shelter.
For donations the citizens can reach out to the shelter managers at the below-given numbers:
Deepak Pasarkar: 9960183143
Vasant Rangari: 9595915401