A young girl in Nagpur suffered serious injuries when a Nylon Manja used to fly a kite by the boys slashed her throat while she was playing in the city’s Farook Nagar neighborhood. This incident shows how the use of the banned material is still causing havoc.
Fortunately the girl survived after timely medical attention. A video of the incident is going viral in social media platform.
The girl, Naaz, a native of Nagpur’s Farookh Nagar, required 26 stitches. Naaz was reportedly having fun on the street in front of her house. Boys were using the outlawed Nylon Manja to sail kites. Naaz was playing when a stray nylon Manja got caught around her neck and cut her throat, causing severe neck injuries. She was taken to the hospital right away, where 26 stitches were used to treat the wound.
The incident has once again brought the sale of Nylon Manja in lime light. Though the Nagpur police have taken action against some vendors, they have failed to enforce a ban on its sale in the city as the incident shows.