Farmers get financial support, Teachers, Anganwadi workers to get pay hike.
The first budget of Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, who also holds the portfolio of Finance, was presented on Thursday. This is the first budget of Eknath Shinde-Fadnavis led government.
Fadnavis presented some relief to the farmers, teachers and Anganwadi Sevikas in his budget. He announced Rs 6,000 to the farmers as ‘Shetkari Sanman’ fund, an increased honorarium of Shikshak Sevaks by an average of Rs 10,000, increased coverage under Mahatma Phule Jan Arogya Yojana to Rs 5 lakh. He also raised the honorarium of the Anganwadi Sevika and granted 50 percent concession in State Transport Bus fair for women. Fadnavis also made the announcement of the establishment of a separate Marathi University in Maharashtra.
The opposition including Uddhav Thackeray called the announcements in view of the coming municipal elections. NCP leader Ajit Pawar said that the announcements have been made without understanding the reality.
Fadnavis announced the ambitious plan of 75,000 government jobs.
The major announcements in the budged include,
- Income tax for women relaxed upto Rs 25,000 per month from Rs 10,000.
- Profession tax waived for Persons with Disabilities. Facilities for air travel and economic development.
- Relaxation of ATF (air Traffic Fuel) reduced from 25% to 18%.
- New amnesty scheme for pending issues relating to GST and Service Tax.
- Additional Rs 741 crore for Bharat Ratna Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Memorial on Indu Mill land. Earlier Rs 349 crores were given.
- Funds for Dharmaveer Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Tulapur anr Wadhu Budruk Memorial.
- Rs. 25 crore for Lokshahir Annabhau Sathe Memorial at Wategaon (Sangli).
- Rs. 351 crore for Hinduhridaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Memorial.
- Rs 25 crore for R S Gavai memorial at Amravati.
- Rs. 300 crore for ancient temples at Bhimashankar, Tryambakeshwar, Grishneshwar, Aundha Nagnath, Vaijnath (Five Jyotirling in Maharashtra).
- Funds for three memorials of Jungle Satyagraha in Vidarbha.
- Solar Energy projects at 20,000 Gram Panchayats.
- 15 year old Government vehicles will be scrapped.5150 new Electric Buses for MSRTC. Converting 5,000 diesel buses to natural gas buses.
- Promoting cultivation of medicinal plants and developing 50 Hightech plant nurseries.
- Skill Development Programme in 500 Gram Panchayat.
- Rs 2307 crore for improving the standard of 500 ITIs. Rs 610 crore for the Modernisation of 75 ITIs
- Development of airports at Shirdi and Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar.
Fadnavis made a major announcement to develop and logistic hub at Nagpur, for which 1,000 acre of land will be acquired. The logistic policy of the government will be announced soon.
Like the African Safari, facilities will be provided at Gorewada zoo. A bird sanctuary will also be developed here.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport at Nagpur will be expanded.
The long-awaited plan to grant autonomy to Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur has again been spelt by Fadnavis during his speech on the budget. The plan was pending mainly because of inadequate teaching staff. The process of recruitment has been started by RTM Nagpur University.