A major fire broke at 2:19 am on Friday at Sandesh Dawa Bazaar near Huj house Nagpur in which medicines worth of Lakhs were gutted in the fire.
No casualties or injuries have been reported. The fire engulfed 60 shops in the building.
According to the fire officials, short circuit was the main reason behind the fire. Water from nearby Huj house, Asian Hotel and Shukravai taloa (Gandhisagar) was used and man and machine from all eight fire stations were mobilized on the spot.Â After hours of effort the blaze was brought under control.
Guardian minister, Mayor, Ex standing Committee Chairman Â and present corporatorÂ Dayashankar Tiwari, Additional Commissioner NMC Ravindra Thakre ,visited the site.
Station officer Nakod, Rajendra Dube, Mohan Guddhe, Gole, Shirkirwar, Sunil Dokre, Ramesh Barde, Bhagwan Wagh led the fire fighting operation, under the supervision of Chief fire officer Rajendra Uchake.
Get all the latest and current news Nagpur here. For an exclusive & live updates from the Nagpur, stay connected with THE LIVE NAGPUR.