District Legal Services Authority, Nagpur under the aegis of National Legal Services Authority, New Delhi and Maharashtra State Legal Services Authority, Mumbai is organising National Lok Adalat in the 2019. District Legal Services Authority, Nagpur is organising the National Lok Adalat of 2019 on Saturday, July 13.
The National Lok Adalat is in the background of the pendency of a large number of cases that remain pushed onto the backburner on account of a continuous flow of fresh matters requiring immediate or more urgent attention, the mechanism of ‘lok adalats’ available for disposal and resolution of disputes will be used the hilt. The idea is to make a dent in the pendency and therefore, pendency must be tackled to sort out suitable cases for disposal at the National Lok Adalat.
The National Lok Adalat on July 13 will be conducted in all courts in Maharashtra right from High Court, its benches upto the taluka courts. The following types of cases in the courts at various levels will be taken up for disposal at the National Lok Adalat:
- Criminal compoundable cases.
- Negotiable instrument act cases u/s 138.
- Bank recovery cases.
- Motor accident claim petitions, accident information report (AIR), state transport cases.
- Matrimonial or family courts cases.
- Labour disputes including cases where re-employment with no back wages (as per policy, cases relating to liquidation where claims of industrial workers for wages and other benefits are pending).
- Land acquisition cases including relating to industrial board, land acquisition for railways etc and also land acquisition executions.
- Other civil cases– rent, easmentary rights, injunction suits, specific.
- Revenue cases
- Electricity and water bills (excluding non – compoundable theft cases).
- 11. Service matters relating to pay and allowances and retirement benefits & the following types of cases in the pre-litigation will be taken up for disposal at the National Lok Adalat:12. Bank recovery disputes (including those which would fall u/s. 138 NI
Act), 2) Labour disputes and 3) Water and electricity disputes 4) Telephone disputes.
DLSA, Nagpur is planning for pre-negotiation and persuasion of litigants for settlement of disputes amicably in the Lok Adalat. It has been decided to issue notices to concerned parties prior to ‘lok adalat’ for deliberation and discussion on issue of settlement of disputes which would facilitate to deal with controversial issues effectively on the day of ‘lok adalat’.
Secretary, DLSA D Y Kale has undertaken massive awareness campaign across the district for settlement of disputes of litigants on large scale on the day of ‘lok adalat’. The concerned parties are requested to contact with the office of DLSA at 6th floor of District Court premises for further inquiries.
Principal District and sessions judge and chairman, district legal services authority, Nagpur S B Savale and secretary of District Legal Services Authority, Nagpur D Y Kale have appealed to all concerned litigants and justice seekers to take advantage of this opportunity and take benefit of National Lok adalat scheduled on July 13 by keeping maximum number of case and settling them.
Get all the latest and current news Nagpur here. For an exclusive & live updates from the Nagpur, stay connected with THE LIVE NAGPUR.