1) The recent election was charged with brimming home and desire for a bright and stable ‘New India’. Voter turnout was highest; every section came to stamp their approval for performing Govt.
2) The people of India have validated the two goals – national security and economic growth.
3) We set the ball rolling for creating a ‘New India’.
4) We have shown that principles – reform, perform and transform can succeed.
5) The first term of PM Narendra Modi led NDA govt stood out as a performing govt. Between 2014-2019 he provided a rejuvenated centre-state dynamics, cooperative federalism, GST council and strident commitment to fiscal discipline.
6) Average amount spent on food security per year approx. doubled during 2014-19 compared to preceding 5 years.
7) The Indian economy will grow to become a $3 trillion economy in the current year itself. It is now the sixth largest in the world. 5 years ago it was at the 11th position.
8) Mega progs that we initiated in the first five years will now be further accelerated.
9) It took us over 55 years to reach $1 trillion dollar economy. But when the hearts are filled with hope, trust & aspiration, we in just 5 years, added $1 trillion.
10) ‘Yakeen ho to koi raasta niklata hai, hawa ki ot bhi le kar charagh jalta hai’
11) Chanakya Neeti sutra quotes ‘Kaarya purusha kare na lakshyam sampa dayate’. Meaning with determined human efforts the task will surely be completed.
12) The ambitious prog of Bharatmala will help develop roads and highways, while Sagarmala will enhance port connectivity.
13) The Udan scheme is providing air connectivity to the common man. All these programmes are also helping bridge rural and urban divide.
14) Connectivity is the life blood of our economy. Government has given a massive push to all forms of fiscal connectivity.
15) We don’t look down upon legitimate profit earning. Gone are the days of policy paralysis & license quota control regime. India Inc are India’s job creators, nation’s wealth creators. Together with mutual trust we can gain, catalyse past & attain sustained growth.
16) Our objective was and continues to be Mazbooth Desh Ke Liye Mazbooth Nagarik.
17) New metro rail projects have been approved during 2018-19. Also, during 2019, 210km of metro lines have been operationalized.
18) It is estimated that Railway infrastructure would need an investment of Rs 50 lakh crore between 2018 and 2030.
19) National Common Mobility Card was launched by PM Modi in March this year. This will enable people to pay multiple transport charges across India. This card runs on RuPay card and allows users to pay bus charges, parking charges, etc.
20) Comprehensive restructuring of National Highways Programme will be done, to ensure the creation of National Highways Grid of desirable capacity.Government envisions using rivers for cargo transport,it will also decongest roads and railways.
21) Modern tenancy law will be finalized and circulated to states. Several reforms would be undertaken to promote rental housing.
22) Our government launched UDAY in 2015 aimed at financial and operational turnaround of discoms. We are examining performance of this scheme and it will further get improved.
23) Considerable reforms needed in power sector, will soon be announced.
24) Rs 350 cr allocated for 2% interest subvention for all GST-registered MSMEs on fresh or incremental loans. Pension for shopkeepers & retailers with turnover less than Rs. 1.5 crore to be launched under Pradhan Mantri Karma Yogi Maan Dhan Scheme.
25) FDI inflows into India have remained robust despite global headwinds. India’s FDI inflows in 2018-19 remained strong at 54.37 Billion US $, marking a 6% growth over the previous year.
26) Govt will invite suggestions for further opening up of FDI in aviation sector, media, animation AVGC and insurance sectors in consultation with all stakeholders. 100% FDI will be permitted for insurance intermediaries.
27) Government to form company to spearhead commercialization of ISRO space products.
28) To deepen corporate tri-party repo market in corporate debt securities, govt will work with regulators RBI & SEBI to enable stock exchanges to allow AA rated bonds as collaterals.
29) User friendliness of trading platforms for corporate bonds will be reviewed, including issues arising out of capping of International Securities Identification Number.
30) It’s right time to consider increasing minimum public shareholding in the listed companies, I have asked SEBI to consider raising the current threshold of 25% to 35%.
31) Investment in single brand retail, KYC norms to be made easier.
32) 1.95 crore houses for the poor by 2022. Govt aims to achieve housing for all by 2022.
33) The Gaon (village), Garib (poor) and Kisan (farmers) are at the Centre of all our efforts.
34) NRI portfolio investment route to be merged with foreign portfolio investment route.
35) The department of fisheries will address critical gaps in the value chain, including production, quality control, post-harvest management, etc.
36) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana phase 3 is envisaged to upgrade 1,25,000 km of road length over the next 5 years.
37) Annual Global Investors’ Meet to be organized in India, using National Investment and Infrastructure Fund(NIIF) as the anchor to get key sets of global players to come and invest in India.
38) Zero budget farming – we need to replicate this innovative model.
39) Govt will work with states to allow farmers to benefit from National Agriculture Market or eNAM.
40) Har Ghar Jal – tap water to all rural houses by 2024.
41) New Space India Limited (NSIL) has been incorporated to tap the benefits of ISRO.
42) Time for completion of houses under PMAY reduced from 314 days in 2015-16 to 114 days in 2017-18, enabling the scale of achievement in PMAY.
43) We’ll invest widely in agricultural infrastructure. We’ll support pvt entrepreneurship in driving value addition to farmers produce & those from allied activities too, like bamboo, timber & also for generating renewable energy.
44) 9.6 crore toilets have been constructed since Oct 2, 2014. More than 5.6 lakh villages have become open defecation free.We have to build on this success. I propose to expand the Swachh Bharat mission to undertake sustainable sold waste management in every village.
45) Government proposes Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana to address the critical infrastructure gap in the fisheries sector.
46) 1 crore citizens have downloaded Swachhata App.
47) We will bring a new national educational policy. The new policy proposes major changes in both school and higher education among others.
48) Propose to establish National Research Foundation to fund and coordinate research in India.India will be soon a hub of higher education.
49) Propose to start a bouquet of television channels — exclusively for startups. It will be a platform for promoting startups and match making them with venture capitalists.
50) Labour laws to be streamlined into four basic labour codes.
51) Electronic Fundraising Platform, a social stock exchange, to be set up to list social enterprises and voluntary organizations working for social welfare objectives.
52) Happy and satisfied to report that India will be made Open Defecation Free on October 2nd, 2019, as per the dream of PM Modi.
53) Approx 35 crore LED bulbs distributed, leading to a cost saving of Rs 18,341 crores annually.
54) Under Pradhan Mantri Grameen Digital Saksharata Abhiyan, Bharat Net is targeting internet connectivity in local bodies in every panchayat in the country; this will be speeded under Universal Service Obligation Fund.
55) This year ‘Railway station modernisation’ will be launched to make railway travel a pleasant experience.
56) Contribution of women is significant in every sector. The recent election saw record turnout of women voters, at par with men. We also have a record 78 women MPs in the House. I draw attention to the women of India, ‘Naari tu Narayaani’. This Government believes that we can progress, with greater women participation.
57) Propose issue of Aadhaar for NRI with Indian passports after their arrival in India without the 180-day waiting period.
58) To popularise sports at all levels, National Sports Education Board for development of sportspersons to be set up under Khelo India.
59) We have decided to open Indian embassies and high commissions where India does not have diplomatic missions yet. We have approved 18 new diplomatic missions in Africa.
60) Non-performing asset(NPAs) recovery of Rs 4 lakh crore over the last four years, NPAs down by Rs 1 lakh crore in the last one year.
61) We are developing 17 iconic tourism sites into world class tourist destinations.
62) PSBs are now proposed to be further provided Rs 17,000 crore of capital to boost credit.
63) For purchase of high-rated pooled assets of financially sound NBFCs amounting to a total of Rs 1 lakh crore, govt will provide a one-time six-month partial credit guarantee to PSBs for first loss up to 10%.
64) ‘Gandhipedia’ is being developed to sensitize the youth about positive Gandhian values.
65) To further encourage women entrepreneurship, Women Self Help Group(SHG) Interest Subvention Programme to be expanded to all districts in India.
66) Rs 70,000 crore capital infusion into govt-owned banks this year.
67) 100 lakh crore investment in infrastructure over next 5 years.
68) Govt to set a target of over 1 trillion rupees of disinvestment proceeds in FY 2019/20.
69) India’s sovereign external debt to GDP is among the lowest globally at less than 5%. Govt will start raising a part of its gross borrowing program in external markets in external currencies.
70) New 1 rupee, 2 rupee, 5 rupee, 10 rupee, 20 rupee coins, easily identifiable by the visually disabled were launched by the honorable PM in March 2019. They will soon be made available for the public.
71) Appreciate honest taxpayers of India.
Check out the latest Nagpur political news headlines and live updates. Stay connected with Nagpur’s very own 24*7 online news portal, THE LIVE NAGPUR.