Diwali being a festival of lights it also signifies charm, grandeur, and splendor that has a great connection with our minds and hearts. This festival promotes peace and harmony of society. All the worshipers of lord Ram and Goddes Sita turn their houses into a shiny bright arena. They light it with the lightings, they also put up lanterns and light up Diya.
Diya plays a crucial role during the festival of Diwali. According to Hindu belief 13 Diyas are kept at different place that signify something related to the Hindu religion.
- First Diya: Dhanteras being the beginning of Diwali festival, lighting Diya on this day saves family members from sudden death. On Dhanteras, 13 diyas are lit in and around the house. However, the diya for Yamraj (the God of Death) should be lit once all the family members are at home. Also, this should be an old and used diya. This should be kept facing south, near the garbage kept outside the house.
- Second Diya: It should be made of ghee made with cow’s milk and should be kept in the temple. It should be lit on the night of Diwali
- Third Dina: should be lit on lakshmi pujan to attract the prosperity and wealth at home.
- Fourth Diya: To be lit near a tulsi plant situated near the entrance of the house.
- Fifth Diya: The placement of fifth diya is to again attract health and good luck and should be placed on the entrance.
- Sixth Diya: it is to keep away the bad omens out of reach of the family and home and is to be placed under a peepal tree.
- Seventh Diya: The seventh diya or Deepak should be lit in any temple near your house.
- Eighth Diya: The eighth diya should be placed near the garbage
- Ninth Diya: The ninth diya is placed in the bathroom/ washroom.
- 10. Tenth Diya: The tenth deepak is placed at the roof coping.
- Eleventh diya: The eleventh diya is kept near the house’s window.
- Twelfth Diya: The twelfth diya should be kept on the terrace or roof.
- Thirteenth diya: The last diya should be placed at an intersection near the house.
Get all the latest and current news Nagpur here. For an exclusive & live updates from the Nagpur, stay connected with THE LIVE NAGPUR.